Sign in to follow this  
fav231

Need help with Gcam

When i follow unit with Gcam and more with plane or heli this unit is very shaking it's very bad effect for videomaker . Someone knows this problem and have à solution for me.

***Thanks for your future***

---------- Post added at 01:38 ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 ----------

When i follow unit with Gcam and more with plane or heli this unit is very shaking it's very bad effect for videomaker . Someone knows this problem and have à solution for me.

Thanks for your future response

Not a solution but a work around: if you switch the GCam from GCam to 3rd person view the shaking is gone. You might have to disable follow, behind or focus to get more freedom to observe and record footage.

I noticed the stuttering too. I sent Gigan a message via Youtube and says he is working on a new version of Gcam.

Which version ? You speak about a new version or 2.0 because i have 2.0 and i have the shaking problem on it. Thank you

My understanding from Gigan is that he is making an entirely new version that will replace Gcam 1 & 2. Since the OA 1.60 update Gcam has not been functioning properly in certain situations. So the new version will replace version 2 that you are using.

I'm sorry to reply to this old thread, but I felt it was more suitable than making a new one about the same problem.

I'm glad to hear Gigan is WIP on making a new Gcam to eliminate this stutter. Has there been any status updates on this since your reply, dcal?

@Stuntman - Nothing new to report although I have not sent Gigan a message since March. I will send him message via Youtube to see if he is still working on it but it may be that RL has him busy with other things. I have actually been considering jumping into the addon arena and trying to make a camera tool myself, but I would be starting from scratch so it would take a while.

There is an addon in the works that I have my eyes on called GX Addons. It may be an alternative to Gcam but to what extent we wont know until it is released - look promising so far though:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134627-GX-Addons-(Handy-Tools-new-release)

Unfortunately I have not heard back from Gigan about a future update to Gcam. I am going to try out GX Addons when is released to see how comparible it is. As mentioned before I may start working on a camera utility but have to study camera scripting techniques among other things.

No more improvement with patch 1.62 and Gcam 2.0 Still waiting ...

any news?, with the latest betas the same problem.

Could anyone tell me any alternative to GCAM please

I can not find any downloads to GX Addons

thanks

Unfortunately we are not likley to see a new or updated camera tool until the release of Arma 3. I would make one but I just dont have the time to get into it.

Does anyone else encounter really slow movement with GCAM when you have alot of units on the map? It works fine when you have less units but putting more just moves so slow and my fps is around 70+ on high settings. Is there a fix for this problem?

Does anyone else encounter really slow movement with GCAM when you have alot of units on the map? It works fine when you have less units but putting more just moves so slow and my fps is around 70+ on high settings. Is there a fix for this problem?

Occasionally movement in GCAM slows down for me, but most of the time it isn't GCam that is the culprit: the more units on the map, the more likely it is that one of the units gets stuck somewhere and the corresponding physics or AI consume more CPU.

I've been able to fix slow GCAM movement by spawning units in positions where they are less likely to get stuck.

William

Thats exactly the problem, they could be stuck in a certain area and it causes slow movement. I might try to move them somewhere where they wont get stuck. Thanks for your reply :D