Sign in to follow this  
zoog

BAF installation - System cannot find the file specified

I thought about installing BAF the other day. But when it's done extracting I get the error:

"Error during execution "setup.exe" The system cannot find the file specified".

I re-downloaded BAF just to be sure, but the same thing happens.

I have A2 + OA + PMC and patch 1.60 and no technical problems with the installation so far.

Any thoughts?

Did you try the fixed installer yet?

Hmm, no, I actually never heard of it. So I checked the arma2.com site, I found a setup utility. But it's only for Reinforcements DVD install:

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=748%3Aarma-2-reinforcements-dlcs-setup-utility〈=en

Are you talking about that one, or is there also another one?

Hm sorry - I might have mixed things up there.

Can you clarify - did you buy BAF from Sprocket as separate package?

Yeah, from sprocket, as a separate DLC package. I've had everything installed before, and it worked correctly. Few months ago reinstalled windows, but forgot to install BAF when installing all my arma 2 stuff. Realized it today and tried to install the BAF dlc.

Turns out I have the same error when trying to install the PMC DLC.

Did you try to move the setup.exe into the arma folder before execution?

Hmm, just tried it, doesn't work either. I tried renaming the install from BAFsetup.exe to setup.exe and tried installing with compatibility mode etc. Doesn't work :(

did you try to install from the sprocket folder?

(i remember some people having your or a very similar problem - to put the installer in the right location did the trick from what i recall)

Yes, I tried that too. Someone else had also some suggestions like turning of UAC and running it as administrator. Still the same. Maybe I just have to re-install Arma? I don't know. It's very odd...

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Problem seems to be fixed, at least I'm installing PMC now and I think BAF will work too. I browsed to my Windows temp folder and there the installers are extracted. If I run the setup.exe located at the extracted location the setup initializes correctly :)