Sign in to follow this  
Veinlockx

Custom named characters

I just need to know how I can make it so that if you aim your crosshairs towards a unit, IE a Rifleman, then instead of saying Rifleman, it would say whatever I need it to...like John or Mike, etc.

I'm afraid this can be accomplished only with an addon, since what is shown there is not the unit's "name", but it's "class-name". And that one can't be modified at runtime.

you can fake it with somewhat with addAction:

place in player unit init:

this addAction ["John", "someEmptyScript.sqf", [], 1, true, true, "", "cursorTarget == unit1"];

Make sure you have a file in your missionfolder named "someEmptyScript.sqf", i can just be empty we dont need it other than to avoid a error message.

The text john will come up center screen (also in scroll list) when player points and aims at the unit named unit1 in editor.

arma2oa2012021217474251.gif

edit: bad picture, here is big size of it:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/arma2oa2012021217474251.gif/

Edited by Demonized
sucky picture

you can fake it with somewhat with addAction:

place in player unit init:

this addAction ["John", "someEmptyScript.sqf", [], 1, true, true, "", "cursorTarget == unit1"];

Make sure you have a file in your missionfolder named "someEmptyScript.sqf", i can just be empty we dont need it other than to avoid a error message.

The text john will come up center screen (also in scroll list) when player points and aims at the unit named unit1 in editor.

arma2oa2012021217474251.gif

edit: bad picture, here is big size of it:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/arma2oa2012021217474251.gif/

PERFECT! Just what I needed. Thank you so much.