timlathome

Getting past Contract 6 Help

Hi

Is it possible to skip a contract in the career mode? I have got to contact 6 and can’t get pass it any tips please

I have a problem in this mission. I´ve completed the flying task but now I have to do a quick land on the firing range but nothing happens there. Im hovering over it and the copilot always wants to have a better angle. For what? Any ideas, what to do?

Welcome Jetranger. You have to land while heading the correct angle. I think between 0 and 15° for this mission. Open your compas "k" or display the hud panel or watch your instrument to perfect it.

display hud panel is rctrl+h btw. On Expert difficulty you have to enable "Allow full HUD info" in the difficulty options to see it.

Thank you. I tried it to land between the green markers on the compass but nothing happens, the lads did not hop off. It´s crazy.

Hi all..

I am having problems with mission 6,

for some reason I keep running out of fuel when i get to about *cresting the mountain* hope someone can tell what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by Max Power

Welcome !

Check your fuel panel. If it's ok before the sentence then it's a bug. If not restart and try to be a little faster.

G'day well I checked the fuel gauge at the start of the mission at base & its only half full. I move the mouse to the fuel bowser & it highlights GREEN but its NOT letting me re fuel. In general the game is starting with only 1/2 tank of fuel, any ideas what I am NOT doing right to refuel before I leave the base heliport ?

Cheers

I'm at that mission too BUT for some reaason when I start mission 6 I only have 1/2 tank of fuel. I've tried using the fuel bowser, it highlights a GREEn CAn but i still cant get it ti fill the chopper.

This thread should be in the official scenarios forum. Moving... :)

And I think I will merge it with the other mission 6 thread...

I'm at that mission too BUT for some reaason when I start mission 6 I only have 1/2 tank of fuel. I've tried using the fuel bowser, it highlights a GREEn CAn but i still cant get it ti fill the chopper.

That's intentional. You shouldn't run out of fuel in that mission. It's been some months since I flew that mission though - may be a patch changed something. I will fly the mission later and report back.

€dit:

There is nothing wrong with the mission. Everything works just fine. Maybe you did a bit of unnecessary sightseeing? You need to take fuel later on but you should be able to make it easily to that point without running out of fuel

Edited by Derbysieger

Hi derbysieger.

I havent put any patches in the game & your right theres nothing wrong with the mission, Havent done any sightseeing either, problem is even at the very start of this contract 6 when i go to start the heli I look at the fuel gauge & its only 1/2 full,, why I dont know .....

You start with a half full fuel tank because you're supposed to have limited fuel in that mission. I've flown this mission several times (last time being yesterday, first time in the beta) and never ran out of fuel. So you definatly have enough fuel for the mission. You will run low on fuel and you have to take additional fuel to fly home but you should be able to make it to that point in the mission without a problem. Just fly the mission without going off course for too long.

You should patch the game btw (unless you bought it off steam and it patches itself).

Edited by Derbysieger

Is this the one where you

fly around the PMCs and do crazy leaftop stuff?

If so you're supposed to

be low on fuel

, just follow the waypoints and wait for the next part of the mission to kick in.

On 2/16/2012 at 12:16 PM, Jetranger7803 said:

I have a problem in this mission. I´ve completed the flying task but now I have to do a quick land on the firing range but nothing happens there. Im hovering over it and the copilot always wants to have a better angle. For what? Any ideas, what to do?

You must be hdg 360/0 and land facing that direction