Sign in to follow this  
darkarchon

Reveal Enemies in Multiplayer

Hi!

I'm playing with ArmA2:OA with a few buddies and we run into a strange problem: when I'm the squadleader I have no trouble revealing enemies and "calling them out" (like "3'OCLOCK, MAN, 500"), which also happens automatically, but none of my friends (who are not squadleaders) can do this and they have no way to reveal or call an enemy out. Is this working as intended? Because sometimes it would be very useful to have a squadmember reveal enemy positions too.

I found out that you don't have to be the squadleader, but it seems you have to play on the same computer which the group is local to. I've tried many variations with my friend. Here are the results:

1) me hosting server and being squadleader - I could reveal contact

2) me hosting server and him being squadleader - I couldn't reveal contact

3) me hosting, squadleader being an AI, me being grunt - I could reveal contact

4) me hosting, squadleader being an AI, him being grunt - He could't reveal contact

Me and my friend also always checked if target got into database (2 - targets menu) and in cases where he couldn't spot them, it didn't.

In cases 3) and 4) you can see the difference. I was hosting non-dedicated server and even when I wasn't squadleader, I could reveal them. It lead me to assumption the problem is somehow connected to locality, because there is no other difference except my friend couldn't reveal them and I could.

I consider this a quite huge bug as this won't allow your human coplayers to spot targets for your squadleader and I often play these scenarios where an AI leads the squad in multiplayer.

Edited by punkatux
put more details into explanation

Nice research you did for this. I too find this bug very annoying. It has also unfortunately gone across to Arma3. Another aspect of this bug which is annoying are similar problems with confirming killed targets. This seems to have the same limitation as revealing targets and also appears to have an additional problem where by the length of time you have to confirm a target has been killed is too short.

My observations are as follows.

If playing on a sever online and I am squad leader I can reveal targets no problem,

If I play on a server online and I am a squad member I normally can not reveal targets.

We most likely need a good bug report ticket on the Arma 3 issue tracker to get it fixed.

Edited by -=seany=-