Sign in to follow this  
HUEY22

Flight modelling / Increased yaw with increased collective:

Before TOH I got my helicopter fix via Xplane. After returning to Xplane last night the one thing that I really noticed is how well they have modelled additional yaw as you pull more pitch. You have to put in more pedal to keep the ship stable. Like wise when you reduce collective you must use pedal input to stabilise the heli.

Within the next patch it would be a great addition if TOH can build this factor into the flight model. Really adds an extra dimension of realism to the sim.

On the horizon Bohemia team?

HUEY22

Hey Huey.

Torque induced yaw is already implemented. Be sure to play on "expert" mode.

Also: it might be not as strong as you are used to because the choppers in ToH are pretty light. Maybe try and load a few passengers and check if you need more pitch to take off ;)

Thanks for the tip fella. I will experiment tonight.

Huey22

Patch 1.03 has it but sadly in the latest betas BIS decided to reduce torque induced yaw a lot to accommodate kb&m players. However, they improved responsiveness of the controls so flying the MD 500 with the latest betas and Community Patch 3 is fun.

I just hope they will implement a new difficulty option that enables/disables torque induced yaw.

The way they are going atm with the betas regarding the FM is worrying.