Sign in to follow this  
redlantern901

Low Frame Rate With Serious CPU, 16GB Ram & 560TI??

Good evening,

I just upgraded my enter PC by building one from scratch. I am getting low frame rates when I almost max all the settings in fact when I start

going above medium across the board I drop to about 17frames. I upgraded to a serious extent and the only thing I can think of it is that it's the graphics card??

Here are my specs and hopefully someone has some insight!

SPECS:

AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight Core Desktop Processor

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Nvidia GTX 560TI

Intel Solid State Hard drives (x2)

Windows 7 X64 Ultimate

It is sad to say it, but your problem is Bulldozer CPU (FX-8150), probably. It is pity that you couldn't read my older recommendation, see my older post . Also read PvPscene post, other nice tests have hardware.fr.

I think that here we can blame AMD that produce worse architecture than in last generation. I seen some test which shows that Bulldozer IPC in single thread is in some cases worse or equal to Via Nano or AMD Bobcat core. A little bit off topic test with multi gpu has Hardocp, that is not even funny how bad is Bulldozer in Arma II.

These all tests are from Arma 2, but TKOH share same engine so it should be also somehow valid for TKOH.

Only what I can recommend you overclock you cpu, or sell FX-8150 and buy Phenom II x6 or high clocked Phenom II x4, hard to advise :(, it will not be huge improvement. Your other parts are great and should be OK for TKOH. I have same GPU and you can see below my rig and my setting in the game, but I have i5-2500K (cheaper CPU then FX-8150 with great overclocking ability). Your CPU is not so bad, for e.g. is better in video editing and so on, but I think not quite suitable for RV3 engine. I think that you will have to reduce object view distance, it is big fps killer and don't use PIP(I don't use it either). Perhaps others or devs can say something more about this problem.

Edited by BoboCZ

It is sad to say it, but your problem is Bulldozer CPU (FX-8150), probably. It is pity that you couldn't read my older recommendation, see my older post . Also read PvPscene post, other nice tests have hardware.fr.

I think that here we can blame AMD that produce worse architecture than in last generation. I seen some test which shows that Bulldozer IPC in single thread is in some cases worse or equal to Via Nano or AMD Bobcat core. A little bit off topic test with multi gpu has Hardocp, that is not even funny how bad is Bulldozer in Arma II.

These all tests are from Arma 2, but TKOH share same engine so it should be also somehow valid for TKOH.

Only what I can recommend you overclock you cpu, or sell FX-8150 and buy Phenom II x6 or high clocked Phenom II x4, hard to advise :(, it will not be huge improvement. Your other parts are great and should be OK for TKOH. I have same GPU and you can see below my rig and my setting in the game, but I have i5-2500K (cheaper CPU then FX-8150 with great overclocking ability). Your CPU is not so bad, for e.g. is better in video editing and so on, but I think not quite suitable for RV3 engine. I think that you will have to reduce object view distance, it is big fps killer and don't use PIP(I don't use it either). Perhaps others or devs can say something more about this problem.

Hi and thank you for your response! All these components are brand new am I considering returning them and then purchase an i7 but there are many arguments that indicate you can disable 4 cores and O.C and get extremely high frame rates. I will tweak with it tomorrow all day and if I don't get anywhere I will switch to the i7 so I can max my settings and really get the eye candy I'm looking for. I will also try a few more games to make sure it isn't the game engine that is the true issue which I am doubting.