Sign in to follow this  
Kakamar

Airfield takistan

i've been playing the game with friends for a couple of days now and i noticed on the takistan map their is military base and an air field (we are playing the CTI maps to get used to the game). but we are unable to get aircraft from said places, and i was also wondering if durning CTI it was possible to get a UAV.

side questions.

how to get npcs to hover choppers, and order them to land without telling them to disembark.

1. There should be an airfield marker on your map if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if it is in Mountain Warfare (I assume this is the CTI game your playing) but if you go to the hanger near this marker you should be able to purchase aircraft once you've captured it.

2. AFAIK there is no UAV support in Mountain Warfare (CTI) although some user made CTI missions do support UAV's among other things. (Including fixed-wing aircraft is Mountain Warfare doesn't honestly can't remember if it does or not.)

3. You can order your ai units to board the chopper and the ai pilot will land at the nearest possible location. But there is no actual 'land here' order. (Yeah sucks):p

Hope that helped. If you want more possibilities for CTI just search one of the mod sites like Armaholic.com or ArmedAssault.info for user made CTI missions.

Thanks for the reply

As far as i can tell the only thing marking it is the name and its outline on the map no capture location. as for the UAV darnn. ya i a lander here order would save me alot of time. as for the mods i keep looking at them not quite sure if i wanna mess with mods for steam >.< steam loves to cause problems with any mod.

Yeah I just had a look at Mountain Warfare and you can't capture airfields. You'd be better off playing Warfare BE it has all the things you're looking for. There are alot of CTI style missions but I would say Warfare BE is the most popular (as far as puplic servers go) and it's completely vanilla, so no mods required. All you do is download the .zip folder. Extract it into your MPMissions Directory (should be C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma2 Operation Arrowhead\MPmissions) then just select Warfare BE instead of Mountain Warfare. Steam shouldn't be a problem I have the steam version and have never had a problem with user missions (or mods for that matter). Anyway if BE doesn't suit you like I said there are ALOT of CTI/Warfare missions.

Arma 2:

CTI

Warfare

OA:

CTI

Warfare

Enjoy!:D