Sign in to follow this  
zhaarteth

[OA] 03 Pathfinder | AI "Choosy" targetting & missing cutscene?

I've been having this issue since patch 1.60 came out, and searched both via google as well as quite a few pages in this forum specifically before finally signing up in order to seek the answers myself.

So far I've cleared out Narran Darre pass, helped the villagers get rid of "bad man militia" in yonder Tamerkalay(?) trees, and begun my approach toward "Mohican."

All the while, I've been effectively hand-holding my AI squad as they seem to be near-sighted or something. They only see an enemy when it has been in their (our) faces for up to 30-45 seconds. My first guess was that their ability is set to 0. Quite frustrating, I've never had to do so many precautionary saves! Anyway...

Right after I squick a couple of tanks, both my Abrams gunner and first Bradley start firing right at my destination. At this point, much to my short-lived chagrin, I see "A CIVILIAN HAS BEEN KILLED BY BIS_ARM_VEHICLE" repeated up to about four or five times (the amount is different on each playthrough/attempt). Cue facepalm.

Now, after these suddenly-apparent enemies (and civvies) from afar are erratically annihilated (as ordering the entire team to cease fire proves ineffective), I am apparently supposed to make use of a UAV presumably accessible from the tailing Linebacker. Unfortunately, said UAV option is nowhere to be seen - not at the Linebacker or either of the Bradleys, and not at the Abrams either. Not only that, but a certain cutscene which I remember from previous playthroughs never materialises. Instead, the `rillas featured in said cutscene are off to the south, just idle.

My mission "ends" here, but not the way I expect. I simply cannot continue. I am stuck trying to access an inaccessible UAV, and cannot "interact" with anyone or anything. This thread was easy enough to spot, but it was apparently not my issue either. The option for the UAV simply isn't present. Actually, I don't recall there ever being one on this mission. It usually ended at this point, after the now-missing cutscene.

Since I had been running a few mods on my first attempt, I disabled them all and started over. I've also tried denying the villagers help. Similarly, I've tried saying "yes" without actually going that way. This happens on CO as well as OA alone - the results are the same in all cases.

I've gone every which-way about this and haven't come across a solution yet. To my recollection, I never had an issue like this on my previous playthroughs of OA before patch 1.60. Reverting isn't an option AFAIK since I've got OA and vanilla A2 via Steam.

I can't shake the feeling I'm missing something relatively obvious. Regardless, any help is appreciated.

Edited by zhaarteth
Fixed: "citizen" was typed where "civilian" was intended

Sorry your post is somewhat confusing.

Is the main issue getting stuck in the UAV at the end?

Please list the issues you experience in a briefly bullet point way.

Iv just installed CO + 1.60 and started the OA Campaign and loved how smooth my gameplay seemed to be. I then get to the Pathfinder mission and i simply could not continue to play because of the issues of targeting.

1. The Bradleys do not Engage of own accord, even when set to Engage at Will. Nor do they engage when selecting a target for them and asking them to Engage.

2. Right Click Selecting an Enemy Target will see that target selected as normal and although the target vehicle being in plain sight and aproaching me the selection box will head off in a totally different direction than the target.

3. Right Click Select often acts as if your clicking on dead space rather than an enemy vehicle.

I so long for the days when Tank Commanding was a fun challenge (OFP), it seems loaded with annoyance these days.

For your own vehicle you actually need to "command fire" for the gunner to use the main gun/missiles.

For the M2A2s this addon may help:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?123671-PvPscene-AI-Tweaks-Looking-for-suggestions&p=2091004&viewfull=1#post2091004

And you can use betas after 87816 before 88215 that make AI in your own vehicle capable.

Sadly it was dropped again for the most part later on..