Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Finally a new mission

WOW wow.gif

It's been a while since I last put out a mission. 2 1/2 month actually.

This time it's a Multi-player Co-op mission for up to 10 players (all west).

From the readme:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mission Name : Clearing a Path

Made by Shadow

e-mail shadow@planetrainbowsix.com

Please e-mail me any feedback or comment in my forum: HTTP://home.c2i.net/shadow

Remember to visit: HTTP://www.planetrainbowsix.com/ATWAR

Play-Type: Multi-Player (coop)

Objective: Hold La Pessagne until re-enforcements arrive. Go tank-hunting. Kill an officer, then....

Island: Malden

Side: West

Daytime: day, 13:30

Players: up to 10

Teamleader: Yes

Teammate(s): 9 (regular infantry)

Additional Info:

Requires v1.30 or Higher

Made and tested on 1.46 only

Strongly recomend a fast dedicated server(even for as little as 2 players)

Hint:

You are not alone. Explore the island.

There is something going on all over the island.

3 other West-missions and 4 other East-missions going on.

Maybe you will stumble into something...

Unlimited re-spawns for all the players

Re-spawn at the place you died

This mission can be played as a single-player but not recomended,

nor is it intended that way (no auto-saves and re-spawn don't work in SP)

A Single-player version will be available very soon.<span id='postcolor'>

Download : "Clearing a path"

Some feedback would be nice, just don't say "oooh! it lags so much on my computer, make it less demanding".

This mission works fine as long as you got a ded-server and a bit over-average computer. This mission is the result of what I had in mind -A full-blown war!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ June 11 2002,11:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All of Malden is in use smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This coop seems nice, going to download it. Personally I'm making a big coop with units etc covering the whole Malden too, problem is many get lagged out with 1.46's netcode, haven't tried a lot with 1.60; awaiting OFP:R.

Now to download your mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NEO [PZ] @ June 11 2002,12:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hate fileplanet. Could I host it for you? E-mail me.<span id='postcolor'>

Host it wherever you want as long as the readme is with the mission smile.gif

A little-sidenote regarding mission duration-times:

I played the mission with another buddy.

We played it in two different ways:

1)Complete each objective in a reasonable speed and kept to the battle-plan (no exploring).

mission-duration: 35 minutes

2)Complete each objective in a reasonable speed and explored alot of the island (action most of the time). Killed tons of badguys. Died alot of times. Alot more fun.

mission-duration: 4 hours, 45 minutes!!!

oh! and I have'nt used a single ambience sound. All 'booms' and 'ka-pooows' are from other smaller 'wars' all over the island smile.gif

Exploring the island gives you the opportunity to fly Hinds, Hips, Frogfoots, Cobras and Apaches + drive all sorts of armour

Sounds really nice. Gonna try it out soon. But one question: doesn't this lag too much? Did you play via lan or internet when you tried this mission. If lan, did you use 10mb or 100mb connection? I have 10mb and my missions lags as hell sometimes, even in small mission. I'm using dedicated servers.

If you got a dedicated-server then it will come to great use biggrin.gif

I playtested it with a buddy over a 100Mbit LAN.

I think playing it on-line is out of the question.

Hope you like it.

There might occur a bug here and there, but nothing that affects gameplay (i.e. a different team unable to get in a evac-vehicle somewhere on the island etc)

It seems OFP is getting unstable when there are so many units all over the map. OFP supports up to 63 groups per side. There are 63 west groups in this one hehe biggrin.gif (got the error msg quite a few times when I was finalizing it)