Sign in to follow this  
mclod

A Tall Order: game crash!

Sorry, I have posted in date 02/01/2012 in wrong section of forum (Troubleshooting)

I have this problem:

In mission "A Tall Order" is for me impossible to load the old gas torch; I flying regularly to the tower, I stand in a good hover over the torch and when the percentage indicator reaches 100% the game crash...

I made several attempts with the same result

I'm logged as administrator, I tried to launch the game as administrator, I have controlled that all game folders are not "read only", i have formatted my OS, reinstalled the game from Steam (15 hours) but... the game crash and I cannot playing it.

Any Idea?

Thanks (sorry for my poor english language!)

(The game was installed via Steam, on 09/01/2012- patch 1.03 - and run properly until mission 7 + training lessons... no bug, no problem, no crashes - win 7, 4 GB RAM, graphic NVidia 1 GB)

Hello. Try to turn ON the audio acceleration. And may be the pip Off.. Sorry, never seen this problem before.

Thanks!!!:)

PIP was on and with audio I try and than post the result (I hope good)

If you're on Steam check if all your file are OK.

Don't forget to restart the mission from the beginning when you try to solve a bug.

I have in past many attempt and always from mission beginning... with crash

The control of file via Stream was ok

Now... I'm not so dummy :o but... where is the setting for Audio acceleration? In game options? Or?

Thanks

Little news: I've see that in the challenge "Sling your Load" I can attach the cargos without problem... no crash, no bugs!

Can anyone help me?

I'm able to to reproduce that crash.

Whenever I'm flying a heli in 1st person view and PIP is enabled (or in 3rd person view when the PIP popup is activated) and using the scripted attach slingload waypoint TOH is crashing when the hint reaches 100%.

When PIP is deactivated or in 3rd person view (without PIP popup) everything is working fine.

I'm going to create an issue tracker ticket later today.

Very thanks...:). Now I try to deactivate PIP and flying in 1st or 3rd person and I post my result! But... only two players have find this problem?:butbut:

Well.. I was learning, on training mission so 3rd person cause we couldn't yet look at the load and without pip cause I have a low pc.. hehe :rolleyes:

Cool you found the bug ! ;)

Yeah... very thanks hon0... in 3rd person without PIP it's all good! I can now play with further missions:)

Bug or not bug this is the answer! Only I and hon0 have this bug reported? Mistery of this game or of our PC's?