Sign in to follow this  
VonNexus

Creating a debriefing or After Action Review

Hi guys

basically, I'm working on a mission and I created a briefing for it, which works fine. Now in the mission there are supposed to be 2 ends, the first one is winning and the second one is losing. What I want to do is to create a debriefing aka After Action Review (basically the green tab that appears when you end a mission, the objectives and the kills are written in the left part and the text is written in the right part) for each of the two ends.

Now I searched around but didn't actually find nothing that I could understand.

Thanks for the help that you'll provide me!

The debriefings are written in a file that must be named briefing.html that resides in the mission folder.

This is an example of the contents of a briefing.html file. Each ending with its specific text must be coupled to a trigger that references that ending (see BIS Wiki: mission editor: triggers under type).

As the ENDMISSION cheat automatically selects the ending number 1, it is my habit of making that a taunt as I regard it ill advised to have cheaters being shown the successfull ending. Therefore I use endings number 2 and 3 for the real endings to the mission.

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1250">

<title>Debriefing</title>

</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<! -----DEBRIEFING----->

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End1">You used a cheat code</a></h2>

<br>

<p>

Cheaters are despicable.

</p>

<br>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End2">Mission Accomplished</a></h2>

<br>

<p>

Victor squad was extracted by helicopter after a successful raid on the Soviet dispersal sites. With the elimination of the two transport helicopters the Soviet garrison on Nogova has its capability to move around troops by air significantly diminished.

</p>

<br>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End3">Mission Failed</a></h2>

<br>

<p>

Victor squad was wiped out.

</p>

<br>

</body>

</html>

Regards,

Sander

The debriefings are written in a file that must be named briefing.html that resides in the mission folder.

This is an example of the contents of a briefing.html file. Each ending with its specific text must be coupled to a trigger that references that ending (see BIS Wiki: mission editor: triggers under type).

As the ENDMISSION cheat automatically selects the ending number 1, it is my habit of making that a taunt as I regard it ill advised to have cheaters being shown the successfull ending. Therefore I use endings number 2 and 3 for the real endings to the mission.

Regards,

Sander

So, I make a .html file using the notepad, I can copy and paste your file to give a try and then what you have written will be shown when a trigger with the End and the number or the Lose is activated? Or I need something in the init?