Sign in to follow this  
JesseDavis

HUD guages without the flight vector?

This may be simple and obvious but after much poking around can't solve it (still using the demo, ToH is on my Christmas list!) who can point out how to turn off the flight vector / airframe indicator portion of the HUD?

I've been flying trainee with auto-trim off so that I can see the virtual gauges; my pc won't run at a resolution that makes the cockpit very usable (q6600, ati 3850, 1280x800).

However, though the flight vector and attitude indicator (the green virtual HUD lines) are very useful I tend to get tunnel vision flying with them and don't even look around. I turned off the HUD elements in difficulty options and have much more fun flying without, but I certainly would like to be able to see the virtual guages. taking the tim to look down at and zoom in to the real instruments often ends abruptly at the nearest building.

What option turns off just the green lines? Do I need to open a .cfg file?

Thanks in advance.

Currently you can only turn off the entire 2D indicator layer (RCtrl + H). We are considering allowing a toggle of the movement vector for a future patch. In the meantime the only other option is a UI mod / add-on (not possible in the demo).

Okay thanks. I will have the full version soon enough I suppose so I will be on the update/addon train.

Cheers. Fun game! I just beat gold on the first demo time trail with no auto-trim, oh yeah!