Sign in to follow this  
AAF_Eagles_Talon

Black out the map?

is it possible to remove the map for a multiplayer mission like in the bis 1985 campagin mission escape from prision?

i have a map that warps a player all over the place, but i developed a way so the player dosn't have any idea that he was just warped, but the minimap will confuse the heck out of the player, so i need to do away with it.

can anyone help

thanks

Eagles_Talon

Guest Titanium

LOL. "Warp"? How so? And how often? But I can tell you one thing, if people dislike vet mode so much becuase they can't see their pos on a map, think about how they will react to NO map at all.

the warps are extremely subtle and necessary, the map will contain some 5000 objects, which if you don't know, will lag like hell if they are all close to eachother, i developed a trigger method that really only works in this indoor map im making, a player will think he/she just ran down a 5 m corridor, when in fact they were just warped 6000 m away, this can be accomplished by 4 move triggers, 3 stretches of corridor (with lots of blind corners) that are exactly identical. the only thing that will give away the warp, (and confuse the hell out the player) is the cadet mode map and given that this map has nothing to do with the terrain on malden (Except for some panoramic views out a window) and most of the fortress is spread out over the ocean, a player indicator is not needed(not to mention the map screen will be redundant)the only thing that may do u good is the compass. this isn't a normal mission, i will eventually integrate this method with ground missions but i need to perfect this mission method before i do any such thing, currently this is going to be closer to a rougespear, or quake map.

biggrin.gif

so does anyone know? or atleast force veteran mode, that will work fine too.

p.s. the map im referring to is the same map in the "odd wall occurance" thread biggrin.gif

Eagles_Talon

p.s.s if you want exact details as to how to do the warp, i can send you a demo map

wink.gif

Guest Titanium

Harnu14@aol.com I'd like an example. And where would you type "showmap false"?

try to put line

showMap = 0

into description.ext.

I don't 100% know what GPS is, but maybe you should put

showGPS = 0

too.