Sign in to follow this  
Frosty

addons

listen ive played a lot of good war games this one takes the cake but one flaw to the realasm is that there is no sidearms at all it seems im sorry in real life if im going into combat im packing a colt model 1911 or a nice shotgun on my back.

Seconded ... no thirded.

A couple of questions I would like answered. What is the real-life utility of sidearms to the general infantry?

and ...

Would not (related to the the first ...) aircrew and vehicle crew be more likely to carry a pistol than the XM-etc-etc ?

Apologies for any laughable ignorance revealed there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Havelock on 8:03 pm on Dec. 5, 2001

Seconded ... no thirded.

A couple of questions I would like answered.  What is the real-life utility of sidearms to the general infantry?

and ...

Would not (related to the the first ...) aircrew and vehicle crew be more likely to carry a pistol than the XM-etc-etc ?

Apologies for any laughable ignorance revealed there.<span id='postcolor'>

a pistol is a secondary weapon used when your primary weapon runs out, there rarely used as a primary weapon as soldiers have much poweruller weapons such as assault rifles, grunts arent issued with side arms, although some carry them

I appreciate the 'back-up' nature of a pistol. I was wondering how much they are actually issued and used in such a role. I am trying to think of a modern conflict that would be appropriate .... maybe the Falklands?

I do agree with having sidearms. It would be more realistic to carry a Walther PPK rather than a XM 1781 come on its a little revealing isn't it? Do you hear me BIS "REALISTIC!!!" Capishe?

they`d probably have a .45,berratta,browning hp or a sig the last 2 are used by special ops and pilots.

Sidearms are issued to officers and I believe sergeants in the US army. I could be wrong on the sergeant thing though. Officers do get a 9mm berretta. I'm sure of that. US tanks crews are issued m4's actually and I think helicopter pilots get mp5k PDW's.

I'm completely behind the sidearm idea. I'm also for carrying more ammo. 4 clips into battle is just silly

I think the standard sidearm for the US is some berreta 92 variant though I think a desert eagle would be more fun.

I think sidearms would be a great idea because when that d*amn M16 runs out right when you need it you can pull out that great government issued pistol and cap that commie right in the heart. But on a serious note that would be a great additon and probably will become an addon some day.

(Edited by Cucuma at 8:14 am on Dec. 7, 2001)

Guest Scooby

Pistol is somewhat useless in combat. Same goes for shotgun at your back. If you want to have something uncomfortable hanging at your back I would just take extra LAW rather than shotgun.

With weight of pistol you can have more ammo to your rifle.

I dont know about the rest of you, but ive been in a bad situation many a time where i didnt have time to reload, and an extra 9 rounds would go a long way. Also it would be nice to have a silenced sidearm, but that doesnt really make sense... grunts sure wouldnt carry silenced weapons, and spec ops already have silenced mp5's. (about the chopper pilots) Why not just copy the mp5 and change the sound to make it loud? Wouldnt be too hard would it? I support the pistol idea... but i dont think they should put very much work into it. Id rather see claymores >:)

yeah,OFP is an extremely realistic game,but it does have its flaws in the realism,and this is definitely. one of them.Colt 1911's for american officers + pilots,and Makarovs for the russkie equivalents.

maybe theres some prob. with modelling them or something,but its hard to believe they havent done it.

also,troops actually carry roughly 10 mags with them,not 4.