Sign in to follow this  
robmypro

New to ArmA2 and have question about MP and DS

Hey guys i have had A2 for a year or so but got into iRacing and it took me a while to get back to this. I just went out and took advantage of the Steam sale, so i now have OA, BAF and A2. I want to get a buddy into it too, so we can co-op together. Question about A2 regarding this. The way i see it there are multiple things we would like to do with A2.

1. Play co-op Campaigns

Can this be done on a dedicated server? I have one ready but read some posts about it and wasn't promising.

2. Play co-op missions

Can this be done on a dedicated server?

3. Force on force

Can we host player vs player on dedicated servers?

Thanks guys!

Rob

1. Play co-op Campaigns

Can this be done on a dedicated server? I have one ready but read some posts about it and wasn't promising.

Nope. The campaign can only be hosted locally. I recommend either waiting for the 1.60 patch or both of you grabbing the latest beta, since MP is much improved over stock 1.59.

2. Play co-op missions

Can this be done on a dedicated server?

Yes, absolutely.

3. Force on force

Can we host player vs player on dedicated servers?

Again, yes.

And I can only repeat: if you want to play multiplayer, use the latest beta or wait for 1.60, which should be out soon. (Hopefully next week.)

Hey thanks for the quick reply. Okay we will wait for 1.60. Regarding campaigns, are they any good or would we be better off with missions anyways? Maybe my thought about the campaign being where it is at is wrong.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. Okay we will wait for 1.60. Regarding campaigns, are they any good or would we be better off with missions anyways? Maybe my thought about the campaign being where it is at is wrong.

It's really a matter of taste. Some people like the campaigns, some don't. I would say try them out and see for yourselves. :)

Especially the PMC campaign is designed for two player COOP and is very action-oriented, so if that's your cup of tea, I'd say give it a try.

Sounds good! Thank you.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Quick question about beta patches. I installed A2 from disc, but OA and BAF are from steam. It seems to all work, but will i face any challenges applying the 1.60 beta patch? Also how does this work with A2 and the 1.10 version i have? Does this mean MP enhancements only exist with the OA version?

Sounds good! Thank you.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Quick question about beta patches. I installed A2 from disc, but OA and BAF are from steam. It seems to all work, but will i face any challenges applying the 1.60 beta patch? Also how does this work with A2 and the 1.10 version i have? Does this mean MP enhancements only exist with the OA version?

Rob, I have a friend and we would like to do the OA camp with 4 people. Add me on steam NukMasta, we dont run the beta patch tho :/