Sign in to follow this  
digger57

3 second graphical stutter

I notice this 3 second stutter (as I call it) in TOH (steam version) in the challenge-missions.

I decided to completely re-install TOH last week and that cured it for a while, but today it's back (after the automatic update, for that matter).

It's a stutter in the graphical presentation every 3 seconds for maybe half a second. Very annoying.

I run the steam version of TOH on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Intel Core i7 @ 4 GHz with 8 GB RAM.

greets

Digger57

I notice this 3 second stutter (as I call it) in TOH (steam version) in the challenge-missions.

I decided to completely re-install TOH last week and that cured it for a while, but today it's back (after the automatic update, for that matter).

It's a stutter in the graphical presentation every 3 seconds for maybe half a second. Very annoying.

I run the steam version of TOH on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Intel Core i7 @ 4 GHz with 8 GB RAM.

greets

Digger57

Did you patch it ? If so, a defrag may help.

Diskeeper 2011 takes care of that for me. Could try to force a defrag of the TOH install-map though.

B.t.w. (not sure it has something to do with it)

I get this message when starting and closing a challenge job:

"script ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Scripts\init.sqf not found".

I don't get it; I haven't changed anything besides the automatic update by Steam. Where's that script gone?

Diskeeper 2011 takes care of that for me.

Does Diskeeper defrag after game installs and major updates? If you disabled the Diskeeper schedule and instead defragged manually after such events, you would be better off, imo.

Defrag isn't the problem nor the solution, so I figured out.

It's remarkable that this stutter is only in the Challenge-flights.

Can it be a scripting problem that's causing these 3 second-cycle hiccups?

I don't feel much like re-installing the game again, because in Steam it means I have to re-download it again (takes some 4 hours).

Verifying integrity of game cache and defragmenting cache files in Steam doesn't cure it.

Anyone any suggestions?

I'm personally not into Take On Helicopters at the moment, but my previous experience withArmed Assault/ArmA 2 tells me it is most likely it has something to do with the game itself, judging by what has been said.

After a clean install, and you are still get a scripting error (plus stutter) it must have something to do with the mission/script itself. And in my opinion, the game (engine) can be very uneasy on that department for the average people. The engine used to be infamous for compatibility and configuration problems, in my experience that was (until the latter patches), but I trust that steam installs the game correctly vanilla wise.

If Digger is the only one with the problem, I can only think of configuration problems/missing files.

All this is based on my assumption that it is the same engine as ArmA 2, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Georilla

greets

Digger57

Same problem, ATI 6850, Win7 64bit, dual core machine with 4GB ram. When it runs it looks great and is smooth - but it only runs for about 3-4 seconds at a time, then stutters for I'd say more like 1-2 seconds. Then resumes and repeats.

When I say "stutter", I mean a complete hard lock to the point of even cutting out audio. I have the same issue in ArmA2: OA, if that's any help. I used to be able to play OA just fine hmmm maybe 4, 5 months ago? I was on a 4850 though, so I'm not sure if that's even relevant.