Sign in to follow this  
heliwoman

Please help! Controll problem!

Hello!

Sorry for my bad english but i`m a german girl. I bought this game on steam. Unfortunatly i have a problem with the controlls. I play with mouse and keyboard.

My problem is the LANDING.

I see the helicopter-landing-plattform. Problem is i`m too fast or i`m on the wrong place. I know that i must you auto hover. But i`m too fast or i`m on the wrong place.

Can i select the speed with one button without the altitude. Or associate speed and altitude.

Please help me i `m really desperate.

Thank you so much for your help! KISS

You have to move the nose upwards in order to decrease speed. This will also cause the helicopter to ascend a bit so you should put the collective down a bit aswell to stay on the same height.

Did you try any of the training missions yet, the trainings on basic flight, helicopter basics etc?

Hello

Do you have a joystick and a Track IR? In witch difficulty setting are you playing? Autotrim is on or off?

Have a nice day

Antoine

Or associate speed and altitude.

Speed and altitude are linked. As mentioned before you pull the nose up to decrease speed. Altitude will increase at this point so you lower collective to compensate, ideally at the same time.

If you enable auto-hover your horizontal speed will be brought to zero. A great place to start maneuvering to the landing zone by making small adjustments. Ground effect may confuse you a bit when landing though.

Here's an overview of the controls and their function: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_flight_controls

Getting a good flight stick will make life a lot easier, I honestly couldn't land a helicopter using just keyboard and mouse.