Sign in to follow this  
HeavyResQ

Some Problems

I have been following this title and patiently awaiting for months. I have messed with the pre-beta, got the pre order beta, and have now installed the actual game.

Some problems I am finding.

- First and foremost, I can not even do the first mission without a crash to desktop. In the initial story after the brother goes down in a crash, it switches then to another scene that appears as if you are on a street in a car?? then crash to desktop. Training and free flight seems to work but every time I go to the story it stops there and then gone! I have defragged, rebooted and even reinstalled twice...still the same problem exists.

- Secondly, can the control inputs be toned down a bit? these helis are so super sensitive it makes it near impossible to land, or hover (unless you use auto hover)....way too sensitive.

- needs more direction on controls...for example external views. Enormous amounts of research needs to go into figuring out the smallest of tasks.

I like the graphics, idea, and interface...the crash to desktop and control(s) make me regret purchasing this. I hope there is some fixes and changes on the horizon.

Thank you in advnace

can the control inputs be toned down a bit?

Yes, go to option>controllers>select your controlle>set the sensitivity cure as you want (to the left is smoother on center area).

My game crashed in more or less the same circumstances.

I created a new profile and have had no problems since.

I have a sneaky feeling it had something to do with the save-game file inherited from the pre-order beta.

Also look carefully at the video memory manager in the game options.

Default crashes the game for me (ArmA II as well), I have it set to high with no problems.

gtx460 1go.

Might help, might not.

It seems, that the most common cause for CTD is, that people set their video memory to "High" or "Very High" (I had this in ArmA). "Default" should work CTD-free for most people.

Do you crash to desktop with an errormessage? Or could you still hear the ingamesounds and the ToH icon is still in the taskbar but you can resume? If so, select the Icon and pre "Shift" + "Minus (Numpad)" and Type "F L U S H".