Sign in to follow this  
shadowguy

Empty vehicles "frozen" & view blacked out

I place an empty vehicle and move an AI in as driver but it is just frozen in position, will not move to a waypoint. I make the AI the Player and my view is just a black screen, I can not get out of the vehicle and I can not move it.

If this is a known problem with a fix then I would like to hear about it before I reinstall.

Thanks for any help.

Something like the following may possibly help you:

unitname AssignAsDriver vehiclename;
unitname MoveInDriver vehiclename;
unitname doMove waypointname;

when using moveInDriver its always wise to use assignAsDriver first, though it was not needed for my AI with

this moveInDriver car1;

in his initline when i tested just now with A2 CO 1.59 +(A2 1.10) All latest official full patches, no betas.

I placed a waypoint for him in editor and he moved to his waypoint driving the car as normal.

Seems to me youre using a addon vehicle or something else, else your game is corupted in some way, though ive never experienced that black screen you mention.

What vehicle did you use?

No mods, vanilla A2 OA 1.59.79.384 It is only occuring with "Empty" vehicles and the Vehicle Lock selection does not seem to matter, (Unlocked or Default). I tried several, (UAZ,V3S,T-72,Pick up,Motor cycles). As the driver of a motor cycle I can see the landscape but still not move or dismount. All other vehicles show the black screen and I can only access the gear menu. Thanks for the suggestions, but this must be a glitch in my game and hopefully a reinstall will fix it.