Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Take On Experimental Patches!

Experimental Patch 1

Well, that's a worrying title if I've ever seen one.

We've made available a patch (:popup:SPROCKET COMPATIBLE ONLY:popup:) for download for the Pre-Order Beta.

Read Me

Welcome to the Pre-Order Beta Experimental Patch 1.

Please note!

• This patch is deemed 'experimental' as we attempt to merge new data with the older pre-order beta files.

• We know that the Steam version is incompatible with these fixes

• This patch may work with other versions, but is primarily designed and tested for compatibility with Sprocket versions

• If you're not comfortable with using beta patches, or the consequences of problems brought about by them, please do not install this patch.

The purpose of this patch is to solve MP issues; however, it may break missions themselves in the Pre-Order Beta.

Patch Installation

==================

- Download TKOH_Pre-Order_Beta_Experimental_Patch1.zip

- Extract the content

- Copy the content to the game folder (eg. in C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\ folder); it will replace some of the original (installed) files with the new ones (downloaded)

Download Link

SPROCKET ONLY | SPROCKET ONLY | SPROCKET ONLY

FAQ

1. Q: I tried to download and install this patch to my Steam installation, and now everything is gubbed, what gives BIS?!?
    A:
    FPDR

Note, the 'fixes' introduced by this patch are specifically designed for addressing some of the Multiplayer issues raised in the vanilla Pre-Order Beta Patch; consequently, we'd appreciate feedback specifically about this aspect.

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

Experimental Patch 2

Well, that's another worrying title right there.

We've made available another patch ( :m:SPROCKET COMPATIBLE ONLY :m:) for download for the Pre-Order Beta. You should only apply this patch if you've applied PRE-ORDER BETA EXPERIMENTAL PATCH 1.

Read Me

Welcome to the Pre-Order Beta Experimental Patch 2.

Please note!

• This patch is deemed 'experimental' as we attempt to merge new data with the older pre-order beta files.

• We know that the Steam version is incompatible with these fixes

• This patch may work with other versions, but is primarily designed and tested for compatibility with Sprocket versions

• If you're not comfortable with using beta patches, or the consequences of problems brought about by them, please do not install this patch.

• In order to use this patch, please first include the data from previously released experimental patches.

The purpose of this patch (#2) is to solve stability issues; however, it may break missions themselves in the Pre-Order Beta.

Patch Installation

==================

- Download TKOH_Pre-Order_Beta_Experimental_Patch2.zip

- Extract the content

- Copy the content to the game folder (eg. in C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\ folder); it will replace some of the original (installed) files with the new ones (downloaded)

Download Link

SPROCKET ONLY | SPROCKET ONLY | SPROCKET ONLY

Did you install Experimental Patch 1? Hm?

FAQ

1. Q: I tried to download and install this patch to my Steam installation, and now everything is gubbed, what gives BIS?!?
    A:
    FPDR

2. Q: I didn't see the point of downloading Patch 1, so I just went right on ahead and installed patch 2, and now I'm pure greetin', as my helicopters are aw' gubbed (see above).
    A:
    FPDR

Note, the 'fixes' introduced by this patch are specifically designed for addressing some of the stability issues raised in the vanilla Pre-Order Beta Patch; consequently, we'd appreciate feedback specifically about this aspect.

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile