Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Gmax users i need some help

i am now starting to get sort of the hang of my Gmax, though i still have a lot to learn, im tring to make a pickup truck w/ a machine gun for the resistance, so far i have A wheel biggrin.gif is there a way i can simply make 3 copies of my wheel so that i dont have to do all the precise meseare meants again to align the wheel in the center of the tire?

select the object(s) and go to the edit menu, select clone, rename if u want, click ok, the clone will be in the same spot as the first 1 was. b4 u clone it ,if it is more than one object, group it first so it stays together when u move it

ahh thanx after when i get done w/ my truck, maybe ill make the "General Lee" biggrin.gif maybe even get a recording of the horn smile.gif

one other question, how do i rotate the camera? i figured out how to move it foward, backward, left, and right around the grid and model but i need to know how to rotate the camera

Click on your wheel and (supposing you have the left wheel from the rear), depending on which view you are, click X,Y or Z to move your object horizontaly. Hold the SHIFT key and set in the statusbar below in the axis you have chosen the number (original number + how much you will move) or drag the object over this axis always holding the SHIFT key and look to your statusbar. When you did this select copy in the dialog box and click OK. Then select the two objects and do the same operation, but over the axis which is vertical.

Hold the ALT key and at the same time your third mouse button. Or if you don't have one, right to the statusbar there is a set of eight buttons. Click on the one who has a sort of angle, then you would be able to rotate.