staylor18

Oxygen error: Bad serial number given in setup - CWA 1.99

I have the error "Bad serial number given in setup" appearing when I run oxygen.

Oxygen starts up then the buldozer viewer, then up comes the error message.

My CWA game runs fine so somehow Oxygen is not 'seeing' the serial key

I have never used oxygen before and have managed to fight my way through a string of problems getting it this far, but now I am stuck. Most of the help files and tutorials refer to Operation Flashpoint and not Cold War Assault.

Yes. I tried something similar:

My CWA directory does not have a Flashpoint.cfg. It does however have a ColdWarAssault.cfg (but no ColdWarAssault.rtp) which I moved into the root directory (E:\) where oxygen was installed.

I then renamed ColdWarAssault.cfg to Flashpoint.cfg

I still get the Bad Serial Error but it did fix a Glide.dll problem I was getting.

I do not own the original Operation Flashpoint CD and then patched to version 1.99. I downloaded Arma: CWA complete off gamersgate so there may be a difference.

I think oxygen may be looking for the OFP serial entry in the registry that differs from the CWA registry entry (whatever that is?).

Thanks, but I had already tried something similar.

My CWA directory does not have a Flashpoint.cfg or rtp file. It does however have a ColdWarAssault.cfg, but no ColdWarAssault.rtp.

I copied the ColdWarAssault.cfg to E:\ (where buldozer is) and renamed it Flashpoint.cfg

This fixed a Glide.dll problem I was having and got the viewer window to load, but then I got the Bad Serial Error.

I do not own the original OFP on CD which most people have and patched to version 1.99. I downloaded CWA from gamersgate as a complete game so that maybe why I am having trouble. There may be slight differences that oxygen is having trouble with.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

OK. According to this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111334

The OFP serial key is stored in the registry in this location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint

The CWA that I downloaded puts it into:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ColdWarAssault

Would this have anything to do with it?:confused: I know nothing about the windows registry and do not really want to mess with it.

I then renamed ColdWarAssault.cfg to Flashpoint.cfg (...) it did fix a Glide.dll problem I was getting.

To fix that error you don't have replace the entire file. Instead open flashpoint.cfg and replace:

HW_Type="Glide";

with:

HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";

Also add:

Adapter=0;

I know nothing about the windows registry and do not really want to mess with it.

You can safely add a new key:

1. Open Regedit

2. Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\<Wow6432Node on 64-bit systems>\bohemia interactive studio\coldwarassault" and export it to a file

3. Open the file in notepad and replace "bohemia interactive studio\coldwarassault" with "Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint" and save it

4. Import modified file in Regedit