Sign in to follow this  
sowens

Dynamic CheckPoint Scripts

I found and modified a script to dynamically spawn random items (anything). While that is for the most part working, I was trying to piece together is there is some way to find the direction of a road or street to place down the items. In this case, the items make up a checkpoint. What isn't working is the correct facing.

I could place them on map and leave it, but for the most part, my maps have no AI placed on them. The spawning system does it for me. I have vehicles, people, static guns and vehicles done. Once the players leave the area, everything despawns and moves elsewhere.

I am can do checkpoints but the facing does not work well. Any help or insight would be lovely!

bis_fnc_taskDefend

Group will man nearby static defenses within a 100 metre radius of the defense position and guard the position. Some units will man weapons, others will patrol and the remainder will sit on the ground.

[group this, getPos this] call bis_fnc_taskDefend

Requires function module placed

I'm sorry. I think I got lost in my post. I was looking for a way to set the direction of the emplacement in relation to the road. I was looking to see if that was possible.

That being said, thanks for the heads up. I think I can use that eventually!