Sign in to follow this  
160thSOAR

ArmA2 + TS3 Sound Problems

Yes, I used the Search button.

Anyhow, I fiddled with my graphics cards settings and got ArmA2 to run laglessly even on high settings, but now I am faced with a new problem. When I turn on TS3, it cancels out the ArmA2 sound.

Now, I know why this is happening, but not how to fix it.

Why it's happening:

In my sound mixer, there are two audio devices (I guess you could call them that?): Speakers and Headphones, and Communication Headphones. When I run TS3, it runs in Communication Headphones, but everything else runs in Speakers and Headphones. So TS3 starts to play through my headphones and ArmA2 starts to play through the speakers. I don't know why it does this, as it plays through my headphones normally.

What I need to do is to either get TS3 to run through Speakers and Headphones or ArmA2 to run through Communications Headphones. How do I do this?

I've tried to disable Communications Headphones, but it doesn't work.

UPDATE: I managed to get TS3 to run through Speakers and Headphones by setting S&H as my default communication device and disabling the Communication Headphones. Unfortunately, this muted ArmA2 and everything else other than TS3. *groan*

UPDATE 2: When I set S&H as default communication device and DID NOT disable the Communications Headphones, it worked.

Edited by 160thSOAR