Sign in to follow this  
MavericK96

[Resolved] People purchasing ArmA2 at GamersGate having key issues?

Hey guys,

I haven't purchased from this site before personally, but I'm posting on behalf of some users on another forum I frequent that are having problems getting keys from GamersGate for the 50% off ArmA2 sale. Apparently some of them purchased ArmA2, and did not receive a CD-key. When they contacted GamersGate, they said in response:

"The game is DRM free, most probably everywhere now. The patches help it to avoid the asking for a key but you can use zeroes and fill in the serial key request to see if it helps. We are not provided with keys anymore, though, if you need a specific key, you can ask the developers to provide it to you since the game was not made or made a DRM free game by us.

>> Please include previous email conversation <<

Best Regards

Ashot

Customer Support @ Gamersgate.com "

Obviously this is incorrect, and doing so has caused a few of these people to get FADE to kick in. Something funky is going on over at GamersGate and I wanted to bring light to it and see what the developers had to say.

Original thread is here:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1635182

Edited by Dwarden

I bought my copy and all of the expansions there (over a year ago) and have not had a single issue. Hell, I was even given a new cdkey for another game as that cdkey was banned (apparentlyo nly for a week, so I had 2 cdkeys lol) due to my own fault. But that is the only time I had to use their support, but I was happy about that.

<3 gamersgate.

Well, that email is obviously BS because ArmA 2 still requires a legitimate key. Them telling you to "just put in zeros" is also a pretty big load of crap.

This seems to only be with people purchasing ArmA 2 original. Could any devs comment on this?

Arma 2 and all other titles require legitimate cd key in order to run.

We have no idea why GG is not shipping cd keys but it is being followed up with them so that they fix it.

Thanks for the reply, Maruk. Great to know it's being sorted. :D

I just got confirmation from a couple of users that the keys are showing up on GamersGate now. Thanks for getting the issue sorted out quickly. :)