Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Join and Lead Issue

In the editor I have set up an FDF platoon attack on a village and its surroundings. The mission is supposed to go like this:

The player starts off alone and is ordered to do one final recon before the attack. Once the recon is done the player moves to the position of Alpha squad to take command of it. The squads then move up to their respective forming up points and once all are in position they move up to take the village.

The Problem:

Each squad has a Hold waypoint a couple hundred metres south of their forming up point. Alpha has this waypoint and a Join and Lead waypoint on top of it for the player. Both waypoints are synchronized with each other.

A Hold waypoint, however, doesn't finish, right? So the player never becomes leader of Alpha.

So, how do I have the squad hold position 200 metres before its FUP where the player will take command which will then allow the rest of the squads to move to their FUP.

I tried 'this stop true' and some code where the squad joined the player but it had issues like number 2 not moving.

hi,

In the editor I have set up an FDF platoon attack on a village and its surroundings. The mission is supposed to go like this:

The player starts off alone and is ordered to do one final recon before the attack. Once the recon is done the player moves to the position of Alpha squad to take command of it. The squads then move up to their respective forming up points and once all are in position they move up to take the village.

The Problem:

Each squad has a Hold waypoint a couple hundred metres south of their forming up point. Alpha has this waypoint and a Join and Lead waypoint on top of it for the player. Both waypoints are synchronized with each other.

A Hold waypoint, however, doesn't finish, right? So the player never becomes leader of Alpha.

So, how do I have the squad hold position 200 metres before its FUP where the player will take command which will then allow the rest of the squads to move to their FUP.

I tried 'this stop true' and some code where the squad joined the player but it had issues like number 2 not moving.

Yes you are right hold waypoint never ends and stop command is a bit risky since if your squads are engaged by enemy they will do nothing and be shot like ducks.

A switch trigger + variable, synchro with all hold waypoints should do the trick (it will end all hold waypoints). BTW, maybe stupid question but I don't see the point to use hold waypoint why not just use a move waypoint?

Ho and the join and lead waypoint doesn't work in MP. I suggest to use join command instead.

I can script the stuff if you want but I need more infos.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

Thanks, I got it working.

Never knew you could use a move waypoint with a switch trigger. I thought it had to be a hold waypoint.