Sign in to follow this  
randomdude

cannot get objects to show, please help!

Hello

I cannot see arma 2 objects in visitors. The list is empty for all objects. I have tried EVERYTHING! I did the installation several times, and read all guides possible, i'm not sure what i'm missing. Please someone help!

I think the problem was the P: drive because it was sometimes not useable (i use 64bit windows 7) that might be the problem. So i decided to remove p: drive and installed all files in d: drive. I have all files that were in p: now in D: and still no objects appear, wtf??? I even edited the visitor cfg file to point to d:\.

I can see my map in buldozer. It looks awesom! I have the landscape and sat map on it etc.. still i cannot get buldozer ui to work, even after adding the txt file, like told in the manual.

Im really starting to get very pissed, after 30 hours of thinking how to get this to work, i'm at a point that i will just simply give up.

It's a shame since i have 10km island map with exteremely detailed dem map (4m) and good sat map for it. Would be kick ass map, but i cannot continue cause the objects are not working.

I'm out of ideas, anyone have any suggestions or shall i just bury the project?

Thank you for reading.

Random

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Here is how the buldozer looks, there is no normal cursor either.

2ykx8ub.jpg

Hi randomdude...

Looks like you've made a good start, but struggling a little with some basics...

First and foremost - you need to re-establish that default P:\ drive structure... using any kind of non-standard structure is liable to get you in to all sorts of convoluted hassles which you really don't need when you're just starting out...

I use Win 7 x64 too - the P:\ drive works fine - most of the time...

I'd suggest that you make a careful backup of your whole current project folder - put it somewhere safe... Then do a complete new attempt at setting up a proper development setup...

You need to set up either a partition of about 50Gb on your main HD, or have a spare secondary drive available... let's say you manage that, and it's called D:\

Then you make a folder on there - call it "BIS TOOLS" - install the latest tools in there..... watch

if necessary...

Reboot - and you should have a P:\ drive with stuff already installed in it...

One of those things is a CA folder... look inside you'll see you have Roads in there already - the rest of the stuff - buildings, walls - all the objects now need fetched from your main game folders and unpacked into here...

Once that's done you can add the models - from this CA folder - into Visitor - then they'll be on the list!

First you need to unpack everything... that used to take forever, but Mikero has made a tool which does it for you...

Arma2P 2.5.1 is the package you want...

Unpack and run that and it should completely setup that P:\CA\ folder for you...

Once thats done - copy your project folder back over to P:\ and you should be ready to go...

PS - that white box IS the Buldozer cursor...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

alright, i did complete reinstall of everything. Let's see how this goes.

Thanks for replying.

Thanks man, it works now. I manually browsed to the folder and selected the object, and now it shows in visitor.

Thanks a lot.

Random

Thats the idea! You have to manually add all objects you think you'll need to either the "artificial" or "natural" objects lists... a bit of a chore... Then they're available to be placed...

The good bit is - once you've done this on one project, you can use the "Import Templates" option on your next island - feed it the .pew file from this project, and it'll automatically add all the object definitions to your new project from the old one... Handy...

B