Sign in to follow this  
Bjorling

server req NEW

I want to now what server cpu etc i need to buy for having a arma 2 server and a ts. I want to get the best cpu that not cost 1000$ i can buy a used one want to spend my mony on the rigth thing. get the best for say max500$ used or new. this is only cpu

I also need to know about ram and other thing

I read that you could have

3 arma2 server on a X9300 its sound good but can you realy use it that much?

Edited by Bjorling

I apologize but if you want someone to answer your question pls do bother to put it in some understandable form or sentence as i had really hard time even finish reading your post.

Well good luck with this

Thats much better;)

So your budget is 500$ and you need - Cpu, motherboard and ram, correct?

What is your bandwith/ download/upload?

How many ppl do you plan to host the mission/s for?

500$ for the CPU and i want to have a

1 or 2 arma 2 server

1 TS server

and hope to have 1 or 2 arma 3 server

Edited by Bjorling

Oh well, if you can wait after new year keep an eye for AMD bulldozer platform or soon upcoming Ivy bridge to get another 20% - 30% (up to ) additional processing power compare to current i5/i7 line up.

Theres still not too much detail about the LG2011 socket platform (replacing X58 platform nehalem) but speculative pricing suggests it will not be such $cost/performance friendly investment as the i5 sandy bridge or better yet i7 cpu's were.We yet to see though.

If you planning on hosting servers with many slots you gonna need more than one CPU and and we probably talking Xeon processors on dual CPU motherboard with ridicoules ammount of RAM and SSD set up if you and your players wont tolerate anything else than smooth, enjoyable game experience though.

Anyways, best if some of the big dawgs running multiple servers would comment on this one to help ya

Edited by Bee8190

yes i read somewere that a xeon 9300 can run 3 arma 2 server what do you think??