Sign in to follow this  
IanLobo

Menu screen to large for monitors

Hi guys, ive just installed this after only finding out about it in the early hrs of this morn. However I seem to have a slight issue with the menu res. In operation Arrowhead all my graphic settings are correct for my eyefinity setup 5948 x 1080 and works well. However when i lunch TOH using the launch preview button, TOH loads but the res is very very low, and I can only see the last two options on the screen.

This means I dont have a way to reset screen res for this so I can see whats happening.

Any ideas.

I am currently running Windows 7 64, with a Ati 5970 , Drivers 11.5, I am currently updating to 11.7 to see if thats the issue.

I run in eyefinity at 5968 x 1080, however I have tried disabling eyefinity and running at 1920 x 1080, but got the same problem.

Hi guys, ive just installed this after only finding out about it in the early hrs of this morn. However I seem to have a slight issue with the menu res. In operation Arrowhead all my graphic settings are correct for my eyefinity setup 5948 x 1080 and works well. However when i lunch TOH using the launch preview button, TOH loads but the res is very very low, and I can only see the last two options on the screen.

This means I dont have a way to reset screen res for this so I can see whats happening.

Any ideas.

I am currently running Windows 7 64, with a Ati 5970 , Drivers 11.5, I am currently updating to 11.7 to see if thats the issue.

I run in eyefinity at 5968 x 1080, however I have tried disabling eyefinity and running at 1920 x 1080, but got the same problem.

Go into the TKOHPreview.cfg in the ArmA 2 folder in my documents and check that the render_W and render_H match your resolution at least.

Thanks for that LiquidPinky, I managed to solve it by using my arrows keys to move cursor, and guess when to press return, after a few attempts I managed to bring up the ratio and manually set it. So all works, Just have to learn how to fly this thing without crashing now :)

I cannot get it to work with eyefinity either. Menues are too big.

I have changed the TakOnH.config file like this:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1500000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=6048;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=6048;

winH=1080;

winDefW=6048;

winDefH=1080;

Render_W=6048;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=2;

postFX=3;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2129149952;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=1;

AToC=7;

SWLayersCount=64;

PiPEnabled=1;

Windowed=0;

It is an option in the graphics options to change the size, think it is stored in your main profile and not your cfg either.

Delete the cfg and start the game up again, then set up using the graphics options menu page.

Manually editing the cfg is for last ditch measures only.

Triple monitor resolutions are supported and don't need frigged in to work.

EDIT: Just finished downloading and installing, it deos start up pretty bad for triple monitor as I now see.

You need to go into the YOUR NAME.TakeOnHProfile and search for triplehead=0 and change it to triplehead=1.

Then find fovTop= and set it to 0.55, followed by setting fovLeft= to 3.

This will sort out your aspect ratio a tad as well.

Now the menu will be full and the fun should begin. :thumbs:

Edited by Liquidpinky
Just found out what a twat it was on triple monitor start up

I'm also having the same problem with the menus, I've tried what you have suggested, but I still can't see the whole menus they are huge. I have Arma2 and it works flawlessly. I also have triple monitors in 3048 x 1024 config, I reduced down to 1280 x 1024 and no change the menus are huge, can't see the whole thing. Tried altering cfgs, profiles with no luck. Dieing to fly it but can't.

I'm also having the same problem with the menus, I've tried what you have suggested, but I still can't see the whole menus they are huge. I have Arma2 and it works flawlessly. I also have triple monitors in 3048 x 1024 config, I reduced down to 1280 x 1024 and no change the menus are huge, can't see the whole thing. Tried altering cfgs, profiles with no luck. Dieing to fly it but can't.

If you follow those steps you should be sorted, check you put 0.55 in the top FOV and not 55.

You have to change all the settings shown above for it to work.