Sign in to follow this  
vulcan

Radio messages

Ok i am trying to use the campaign sounds in my own missions but i cant get them so work. please dont refer me to another tutorial sight because they dont help.(and yes i used the search button)

First as an example, I used "STRCAMP_01r1" from the attack on morton mission. In the description file its name is "Radio Msg 1" so i copied the description file into my mission's description file and i copy and pasted the sound files into a sound folder in my mission's main directory.

Now Go into the editor i make a trigger and on activation i put me sideradio "Radio Msg 1" i also tried me sideradio "STRCAMP_01r1"

they both didnt work. is there another file i need to edit to complete this ?

any help would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

Uhm, did you think about the "stringtable.csv" ? Cause you didn t mention that.

I don t know about voice, but i think i remember that had something to do with it.

If you depbo'ed the missions from 1985 campaign you will see that file in nearly every mission, and the voice files are all linked to that file.

But i m not sure, i never use voice, makes my missions too big sad.gif

i just copied over the stringtable and when i tried the mission it said Radio Msg 1 not found. Then i tried it again and it said nothing.

im not sure but does your identity matter (probably wrong)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vulcan @ May 25 2002,23:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i just copied over the stringtable and when i tried the mission it said Radio Msg 1 not found. Then i tried it again and it said nothing.

im not sure but does your identity matter (probably wrong)<span id='postcolor'>

*sigh* , i wish i could help ya vulcan, but i never experimented with voice sad.gif

I ll ask neo to take a look at your prob, he did.

And here is Neo wink.gif

Place the soundfile called "1.ogg" (rename it to anything you like, make it easy for yourself). Also put in "2.ogg", "3.ogg", and so on, as many as you want, but configure the following code snippet after that.

Now, open Notepad and put this in it:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

//Custom Sound

class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

};

class 1

{

name = "1";

sound[] = {"1.ogg", db+290, 1.0};

titles[] =

{

};

};

class 2

{

name = "2";

sound[] = {"2.ogg", db+290, 1.0};

titles[] =

{

};

};

class 3

{

name = "3";

sound[] = {"3.ogg", db+290, 1.0};

titles[] =

{

};

};

class 4

{

name = "4";

sound[] = {"4.ogg", db+290, 1.0};

titles[] =

{

};

};

class 5

{

name = "5";

sound[] = {"5.ogg", db+290, 1.0};

titles[] =

{

};

};

<span id='postcolor'>

Save the file as:

description.ext

And place it in ofp/users/yourusername/mpmissions/yourmission folder, of it is an SP-mission: ofp/users/yourusername/missions/yourmission.

Launch OFP, load the mission, try it out.

Tell me if it doesn't work.

Neo

i made a description file and copied what u told me to and changed 1v01.ogg to 1.ogg and in the editor i made a trigger and in activ. i put "gulf say "1" but it didn't work

Place a trigger, activated by whatever you want etc., then:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname say "1"<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe, just maybe, if the thing above doesnt work:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname say 1<span id='postcolor'>

I had problems myself that it didn't work. But to prove that it actually SHOULD work, do like this:

Create a trigger, activated by whatever you want, etc., then Effects, Sound, choose the soundfile, Preview map, activate the trigger and hear the sound! If you hear it, then it's something wrong with unitname or something.

Keep me informed.

Neo

wow it worked thanks! you guys are awesome

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vulcan @ May 26 2002,00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow it worked thanks! you guys are awesome<span id='postcolor'>

It s not what you know it s who you know ... ROFL

Glad he could help out ! biggrin.gif

pZ rules again wink.gif

That voice command stuff and cutscenes is a little to difficult for me to grasp. I consider myself on the bright side but I cant get that stuff to work for the life of me. mad.gif