Sign in to follow this  
Propuh

Unload vehicle when detect hostile

I have strange problem in my mission.

I have ambush team, and hostile composed of recon car and main convoy (jeep, apc and truck, all of them loaded with soldiers)

My goal is to destroy all 3 vehicles in convoy, and thats WIN, but if vehicles pass and get to designated waypoint I loose.

But, problem is, when I shot one of vehicles, and usually with RPG, it's transport unload, but others are staying in vehicles. So its funny thing that truck full of soldiers not unloading waiting for my rpg to shot him.

I want to do:

to disembark all transport when hostile (or my team) detected, and keep moving if not detected, to avoid early dismount, so I can't use Unload transport as waypoint.

Any ideas?

this needs a full script to simulate "convoy under attack".

i think this one will do it for you.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9975

there are also other scripts out there wich manages convoys, do a search here and on armaholic, im sure youll find something if the above doesnt do it for you.

Thanks for your reply, but as I dont like complex scripts as I'm beginner, I found one short way to get what I want, and that is that I named group of soldiers gr1 and assigned in to vehicle "auto1", and made trigger Blufor detected by Opfor

commandGetOut units gr1;

so they dismount and start to engage, and vehicle is continuing on his way. That is what I searched for.

One only question, is there shorter way to write this command :)

commandGetOut units gr1; commandGetOut units gr2; commandGetOut units gr3;

as I have 3 groups in 3 vehicles

This works :dance1:

{commandGetOut _x; unassignVehicle _x} foreach (units gr1) + (units gr2) + (units gr3);

You can also do this as well in a trigger:

[b]Trigger Condition:[/b]
(east knowsAbout player) > 0

[b]On Act.:[/b]
{[url="http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/commandGetOut"]commandGetOut[/url] _x; [url="http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/unassignVehicle"]unassignVehicle[/url] _x; _x [url="http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setCombatMode"]setCombatMode[/url] "RED"} foreach (units gr1) + (units gr2) + (units gr3);

Edited by cobra4v320

Thanks a lot, cobra...

One thing, this trigger condition, knowsabout, not quite sure what it does, as I figure it replace Bluefor detected by Opfor

here is my mission where I do that:

Ambush

I have only one simple problem, and that is, when conwoy moving and comes to one point on road, it gets on grass and going few meters and returns, without reason known to me, as there is no visible obstacles. But it isn't big problem.

Convoys in Arma 2 are pretty bad, where tanks spin around, trucks crashing into each other it gets pretty crazy. Im sure it will be fixed in a beta patch or a future patch.

You could use the trigger condition of blufor detected by opfor in the trigger and remove the knowsabout, should have the same effect.

I can see on one of the triggers in your mission you need to set it to a switch trigger otherwise the team will just continue through all of the waypoints. I can look at your mission later and send you an updated version.

Edited by cobra4v320

:)

Well, Cobra, thanks man...

I hope you didn't make it more difficult then it was, I didn't accomplish old version ;)

Too easy man, hit the BTR first, then the lead vehicle, then the cargo truck. Then run like hell into the woods with your middle finger in the air. Thats how I did it. :yay:

Wow, man...:eek:

I just tried mission, you made this professional...

I'm sorry you had to type all those briefings and descriptions and stuff...

Or there is some kind of wizard for that?

hit the BTR first, then the lead vehicle, then the cargo truck. Then run like hell into the woods with your middle finger in the air.

that is the qoute of the day, haha. :D

that is the qoute of the day, haha. :D

Hey I'm not trying to fight a bunch of squads with 4 dudes, one dude that I'm carrying on my shoulders. Hit and run tactics. Live to fight another day.

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Wow, man...:eek:

I just tried mission, you made this professional...

I'm sorry you had to type all those briefings and descriptions and stuff...

Or there is some kind of wizard for that?

Nah...pretty basic stuff once you learn how things work. All I did was drag a briefing out of one of my other missions and changed it around. No point in reinventing the wheel.