Sign in to follow this  
dermannmitohnegesicht

buldozer crashes when cell size is under 30

hiho!

well, the title says it all.

when i use a terrain cell size smaller then 30, buldozer crashes. it loads and i can see the island for 1 or 2 seconds and then i get an error.

terrain grid size doesnt matter, it happens with every size.

cell size doesnt matter either, tried from 29 down to 10.

it happens with and without obejcts aswell as with imported terrain or no terrain at all.

doenst matter if i saved it before starting buldozer, or not.

re-installing doesnt help.

i think (!!) everything is set up correctly, as it works without any problems with a cell size of 30 or higher. i can binarize it and use it in the game without problems.

anybody got an idea?!

i would appreciate it!

thx

You may need to give more information in order for us to help with your problem. In the mean time give these settings a try. As a rule you need to keep within the power of 2 when selecting a terrain size. (512, 1024, 2048, etc.)

10m_visitorsettings01.jpg

Click on 'Calculator' and enter into the First Line 10240. Then hit 'apply proposed'.

10m_visitorsettings02.jpg

Close it by hitting 'Ok' and re-open it. Select 'Base (Active)'

and click 'Edit'. Now select '40.0mx40.0m'.

These settings are guaranteed to work.

Here are some settings for a 2m terrain.

2m_visitorsettings.jpg

For this you don't have to open the calculator, just type in '192' and as long as your satellite segment is valid, it should work. Hope this helps.

thanks a lot for the help, but it still doesnt work...the first size i've already tried before (but tried it again just to be sure) and the second with the cell size of 2 i tried now but also doesnt work.

i wrote not more information because i am not sure what would be important, so i hoped that people would ask ;)

well, what can i say anymore about it...the cell size under 30 never worked. it didnt bother me till now. for some time i was just learning how to use visitor properly and also how to write configs (should still improve that, but thats not the point here) so it was not really important for me how big the cell size was. but now i would have some nice ideas and 30 is just too much for that ideas.

so it works with cell size 30 and also works via o2 (never needed that program, so i just tried to see if it works there).

for the error message itself...its pretty much a windows standart error message. i'm sorry, i dont know the message in englisch it something like "program doesnt react anymore" (maybe someone knows the real english message ;) )

thats pretty much everything i could think of at the moment but if you need some more info just tell me which ;)

i would really love to get it running properly...

Have you tried working your way through Sgt Ace's Tutorial?

That's set up for a standard 10m cell, medium sized grid island... it works 100% - guaranteed - all the way - and is a standard introduction which most people start with...

It's short, simple, and all files are provided... You can do the whole thing in a couple of hours... Can I suggest you give it a try?

Follow it's procedure to the letter... see if it works... Then let us know how you get on...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

thanks, but still doesnt work...

i even re-installed everything (even the game itself) to really follow the tut from the beginning.

when i started with visitor i learned it with this tut:

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=13680

but they are pretty much the same anyway...

so i guess it has to be a problem with my pc but i just cant imagine what could cause this...has anybody experienced problems that could appear with any program that visitor maybe doesnt like?! doesnt matter if its the same error, i just want to try everything possible before re-installing windows (which i will do this summer anyway but havent got the time (and the motivation) at the moment)