Sign in to follow this  
34cool

Another question

ok well i'm building a base for a mission (just trying to get used to the editor) and i'm making a wall around it, but it is a pain to get evrything lined up by draging so i was wondering if there was a way to use X and Y cord. to place objects. or is there another way to build a wall ?

and some more Q's... i didn't feel like adding a new topic so...... 1) can i make a AI get in the M2 machine gun ? 2) do i ahve to use a script to make the "mine" object detonate ? 3)well i'm sure i'll be back for 3 in a few min. wink.gif thanks 4 any help

For what I've seen, there isn't a way of placing a wall with ease smile.gif. You just have to place it and test it and then place the next part of it.

I know a good trick for this.

I start by putting two walls, and trying to match them nicely together => place, preview, sad.gif => move , preview, sad.gif => move, preview, biggrin.gif .

After those two are placed nicely together go back into editor, now zoom in/out untill the walls are nicely lined up together on the editor map, now with that zoom place the rest, match them nicely together on editor map and they should be nicely in the actual game, so only hard work is first 2 and every other side wink.gif . Also to do it fast, after placing a segment of wall and the rotation is good doubleclick on the map ( somewhere empty ) and you will be already into the support on the right wall ( if you have a unit that is selected player ofcourse ) hit enter, doubleclick, hit enter, repeat, repeat, repeat, => if you think you have enough start placing them, goes much quicker ...

Hope this helps !

JAP