Sign in to follow this  
BredAce

Can't get ArmA: Armed Assault to launch

Hello, I'm new to this forum and to pc gaming as well, so please excuse my stupidity.

I purchased the game and downloaded the game from Steam. After installing, I attempted to launch the game but received the error message Bad version of OpenAL32.DLL or something very similiar. I cannot remember the exact message. I followed the directions to the help page it provides (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA-crash-OpenAL). I followed the directions to the best of my abilities. Now the error message doesn't pop up, but the game makes it to the atari screen then crashes. This locks up a large majority of computer as well, but no harm is done. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and have downloaded the OpenAL installer several times as well as following the instructions provided. Please help, I want to play this game badly and also wish I didn't waste 20 dollars.

The system I use:

ASUS Notebook U52F Series

Processor: Intel Core i3 CPU M 380 @2.53GHz (both)

RAM: 4 GB (currently 3.79 GB usable)

System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I have no problem running more modern games such as L4D2 or Portal 2. I have even played ArmA2 demo, despite the horrible graphics of course, fairly well.

All help is appreciated, Thank You