Sign in to follow this  
nightsta1ker

New Video: Real life flying Part 2

great video nightsta1ker... i had a couple hundred hours in a 269c after i got out, a lot of fun to fly ;) ...but why are the doors on? :P

Good question.

Well as long as people are posting vids of them flying here's mine for how a helicopter should handle when doing autorotation, infact this is the first full down auto i've ever done in a hellicopter i've only had like 3 hours in(R44) i flew the r22 in training. Unlike in game where the helicopter rolls right in real life the helicopter doesn't roll that excessively but does have a translating tendency that feels like it's "drifting" right instead of the way exagerated roll in game. There's also a vid of me doing my first run on landing in R44 though i had a brain fart at first and my instructor corrected me just in time, i'm sure some of the more experienced pilots will spot it very early =D. Also as a note about how small the inputs on the controlls are in a real helicopter i don't think it's feasible to replicate that in a sim because in a real helicopter you have infinite definition in your controls where in a joystick for pc you don't. I think it's much better to program the controls where the larger movements will mimic the small movements we use so it doesn't feel overtly sensitive. Also notice how easily i loose airspeed without pitching up so excessively like we have to in the game, as it is right now it will make speed control during landings very difficult.

Here's the full down auto

Here's the run on landing

Here's a vid of hovering autorotation

Here's a vid of a normal approach to midfield where i turn into the taxiway and landing at our parking spot plus shutdown.

Edited by MD500Enthusiast

nice vids..

i always crash when i try to land in arma2 when the engine doesnt work... looking in those videos it seems you go in pretty steep.. rather then go in flat? Is it because the rotors pick up more speed so it can "break" easier??