Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

One Week Later - Osprey crash at end

Playing A2 patch 1.10 within CO 1.59 + 82448 beta.

Patch 1.09 fixed the problem with Osprey taking off. However, I replayed (without revert) this mission, and the Osprey always crashes into a nearby mountain, killing all on board, requiring mission restart. Does anyone else see this?

Does this also happen if one reverts campaign progress to this mission?

Something like this happens to me all the time in the Showcase for the UN/NATO in Operation Arrowhead. No matter how many times I restart a UN helicopter always crashes into a mountain. Are you using any mods like ACE?

No mods. Clean A2/CO. The only explanation for this that I can see is that the crash happens because the mission is being replayed, rather than during the normal progression of the campaign.

No mods. Clean A2/CO. The only explanation for this that I can see is that the crash happens because the mission is being replayed, rather than during the normal progression of the campaign.

I have not installed 1.10 yet. I decided to wait until they integrate it to OA/CO 1.60 patch, but you can test this yourself by copying your whole gameprofile and renaming it for example to OMACtesting, then change player profile in main menu and then revert to One Week Later. This way you can do it without messing up your main profile and its campaign progress.

Just do not forget to change profile back when you are about to play something else.

---

By thinking previous issues in this mission that osprey has now caused much more bad in this mission than any good. Same osprey has also managed to kill one of my Razor Team members in Manhattan mission start a couple of times when I was not careful to what direction I start to run when we touch down.

Edited by Hanzu

Thanks, Hanzu. Yes, I considered copying my profile, but frankly I'm tired of testing A2 again. Maybe I'll get around to it today. I highly doubt that this has anything to do with the 1.10 patch.

-----------------------------------

Copied profile and reverted to One Week Later. Mission completed normally with no crash.

Squadmates following me on bikes are very, very slow. One gets lost on the way to the Osprey, and when they find me again, they travel at about 1m/sec up the hill toward me. Maybe this is due to the beta patch with the AI driving object avoidance tweak?

Edited by OMAC