Sign in to follow this  
Akira

All this crap seems pointless

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ May 23 2002,22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yup

But I don't think it's because of the bomb...<span id='postcolor'>

What do you think its because of?

2 countries not to worry about anymore(if they only nuke each other),china must feel like a dummy helping pakistan build the bomb.

The world needs a war every now and then to cleanse itself from the "bad blood". Let them nuke each other back to the stone ages. Go Mr. Fusion ! Go Mr. Fusion !

A nuclear exchange in Asia would suck in more than one way. But it wouldnt be the ned of the world.

India and Pakistan cant have more than a couple dozen warheads between them. And while it would be the end of the indian subcontinent...

The US and Russia detonated dozens of nukes above ground in the 40's and 50's, and the world is still ticking on.

Dont get me wrong, it's a really terrifying prospect that these two nations might start lobbing nukes at each other. One of my good friends has family near two major cities in India, and when we talked last week, the prospect of a war scared him silly... and didnt bother mentioning nukes. sad.gif

if they didn't have nukes,india would win the war,they have like billion people ?

Not only is it the amount of nukes but the destructive power. Anyone who thinks India and Pakistan getting in a major exchange wouldn't effect them is a fool. sad.gif

Not to mention the sheer number of casaulties. Plus the bad blood would make it an exceedingly brutal war I have no doubt sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not only is it the amount of nukes but the destructive power<span id='postcolor'>

These guys dont have multi megaton weapons, Akira.  4-5 kiloton range is more like it.  In other words, significantly smaller than the weapons that the US dropped on Japan. If you doubt my facts take a look here and here.

Dont get me wrong...something like this happening would be truly horrific.  Huge numbers of people would lose their lives and the damage to the envronment and ecosystems of asia would be trully terrible.  But saying 'kiss the world goodbye' is sort of silly.

edit: DOH! The other one was supposed to point ot Pakistan. FUBAR!

I don't doubt your figures (no need to get defense here though we are arguing elsewhere) biggrin.gif

You realize that those links are to the same page right? biggrin.gif

Casualties could still be high even if India has about 60 bombs...

Just bad news bad news I tell you.

As long as the wind is blowing south-east while they nuke, I don't give a shit. If they even get to a situation where nukes are used, they've just proven themselves to stupid to live and breed. So as long as it doesn't affect my cosy little life, nuke away jerks biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ May 23 2002,23:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As long as the wind is blowing south-east while they nuke, I don't give a shit. If they even get to a situation where nukes are used, they've just proven themselves to stupid to live and breed. So as long as it doesn't affect my cosy little life, nuke away jerks  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oooooh...is this degenerating into tasteless comments??

Can I make one now? Huh? Huh? wink.gif

These troubles....Bill Gates is behind them. There are a LOT of software development houses heading to India because of cheaper labour. So Microsoft encourages instability...they turn themselves into a radioactive wasteland and all that busines comes back to The United States of Microsoft. Talk about an evil empire! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ May 23 2002,23:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2 countries not to worry about anymore(if they only nuke each other),china must feel like a dummy helping pakistan build the bomb.<span id='postcolor'>

Ever considered that the whole plan was so that Pakistan and India would wipe themselves off the face of the Earth? that leaves Central Asia open for Chinese influence. Besides, those big-ass Himalayas will shield China from the worst of the fall out patterns

But still any nuclear weapon that is used will damage the environment and live in the future in that area will be affected. Take Hirojshima for example. I am not sure about this but the effects there are probably still felt through illness (said I am not sure but I read it somewhere ages ago forget where) from the bomb.

After the explosion the whole area is contaminated for a LONG time so saying it won't affect the world as a whole is not really good. Having ANY part of this planet exposed to nuclear chemical and biological weapons is a big no no, no matter how small they are. While I do not concern myself with this (it matters not to me) most other people would.

Personally I am not worried about nuclear attack. Its not suicide or anything like that but what is the point in worrying about something you have no control over? Well this is for me anyway I am not trying to dictate to others.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ May 24 2002,18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But still any nuclear weapon that is used will damage the environment and live in the future in that area will be affected. Take Hirojshima for example. I am not sure about this but the effects there are probably still felt through illness (said I am not sure but I read it somewhere ages ago forget where) from the bomb.

After the explosion the whole area is contaminated for a LONG time so saying it won't affect the world as a whole is not really good. Having ANY part of this planet exposed to nuclear chemical and biological weapons is a big no no, no matter how small they are. While I do not concern myself with this (it matters not to me) most other people would.

Personally I am not worried about nuclear attack. Its not suicide or anything like that but what is the point in worrying about something you have no control over? Well this is for me anyway I am not trying to dictate to others.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually you are correct. Hiroshima still has radiation from the bomb though it is at "acceptable" levels. I can give you a website that tracks it if you want.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ May 24 2002,19:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah I will take a look at it.<span id='postcolor'>

My bad. Says there are "miniscule" amounts of radiation left. But here are two websites to look at:

http://www.hiroshima-is.ac.jp/Hiroshima/radiation.htm#faq11

http://www.rerf.or.jp/eigo/experhp/rerfhome.htm

http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/peacesite/indexE.html

For info on effects and present contamination.

Back in reality-land, this nuclear saber-rattling is probably only happening because both sides are hoping that the US government will jump in on their side and force the other to submit. I'm sure neither India nor Pakistan has any intention of fighting a nuclear war with the other; but if they could get the US to join in on their side the way the Northern Alliance did in Afghanistan... well...

hhmm, from what i remember india and pakistan do indeed have missiles, with limitied range. they also have nuclear bombs, at the smallest probably about the same physical dimensions of the bigboy. the problem is i don't believe they can actually put those 2 toghether yet, and if they can they can at most put only one bomb per missile.

another consideration is i doubt they would use their trump cards ever except just to say "nya nya look at my fist", especially since i bet china wouldn't mind taking some prime uninhabited real-estate, with no chance of a counter-attack.