Sign in to follow this  

Arma 2 Community-Made Radio Chatter  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Arma 2 Community-Made Radio Chatter

• Yup!
    • Nope!
    • WTF?

Hey,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or not, but oh well.

Arma 2 = epic when there's immersion right?

How about instead of all of us using the 10minute audio clip from COD4 we get together and make a Arma themed radio chatter backgrounds that actualy relate to the maps! :eek:

I wana know what you guys think, feel free to drop comments, suggestions, praises, credit card numbers, ideas and whatever else you can't find a better topic to troll on for.

P.S: Hurry up cuz i need that chatter for my mission

Edited by Scroll_Tro0L

ACE has a radio chatter feature for vehicles. It's pretty cool. ACE in generally is pretty cool. :)

I would actually love to have actual radio chatter, not some pre-recorded radio chatter. The easy but no so easy way is to have the chatter within AI groups to be transmitted globally to their respecting side... just like what we have in MP, we got global channel, side channel, group channel and vehicle channel...

my humble 2cents worth (may subject to some currency exchange rate)

@Mr_Centipede Not what I was thinking, but sounds like a cool idea!

But I was still hoping to get some .ogg file that I can insert as background chatter in some of the vehicles.

But coming back to your idea, which I think is awesome, we would need to come up with some general global messages such as:

If someone dies in a squad, a random "Man down!", "We need a Medevac here!", etc voice plays on global.
When a team comes under fire, a random "We're taking fire", "Hit the dirt." voice plays on global
When some1 spots an enemy tank, a random "Enemy tank spotted!", "Enemy Armour in my sector"

But I think you would still need to have some thoughtless banter occurring in the background to compensate for not spawning 1000 AI like you actualy would. And perhaps even make it come in different levels:

For large Scale Battles use "Large Scale Chatter", For medium sized fights....etc etc etc.

Keep the ideas coming guys!

Edited by Scroll_Tro0L

Is there a way to isolate vehicles (script-side) as to make the comms only say3d on vehicles?