Sign in to follow this  
Geronimo

AI settings recommendation for official campaign (unmodded)

I played ARMA 2 for a long time, mostly modded and today Ive noticed that I have not yet beaten any of the official campaigns :S I want to play them unmodded to avoid conflicts, and Ive seen that the default AI has improved a lot.

Can you guys recommend me settings for AI skill and precision, so they don't one shot me from 300m as soon as they see me (Armed Assault style) but they present a threat and I cannot go Rambo on them without them killing me.

I have always kept friendly AI and enemy AI skill to Expert default 1.00 to keep it fair, but I also turned on additional Super AI difficulty setting on Expert difficulty. I do not consider it too hard, but maybe someone else would.

Enemy AI machinegunners gunners are unrealistically accurate and fast to spot you if you are on foot, but it never bothers me since I move in superior vehicles to take them out. Anyway it's a fair trade when I have more situational awareness than them.

See my difficulty setting table to see what defaults each Difficulty setting have.

Edited by Hanzu