Sign in to follow this  
DesantnikVDV

Whats up guys, check out my work

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DesantnikVDV @ May 23 2002,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WOW guys, thanks a lot for the best compliments I've ever gotten. It really means a lot to me. I am in the middle of finishing another weapon, so as soon as its done, I will show you all.

Thanks a lot again guys.<span id='postcolor'>

What kind of scope is that on the AK-47. I've never seen one like that before (IOR?). What kind of models did you use when you rendered them? just from pictures?-incredible!

OFP needs an RPK-74 too, I know someone made one already, but the gas tube is too long. almost as long as an AK-108.

biggrin.gif Lol, well thats a very nice name you picked! Unfortunatly I am nowhere near as talented as you. Bravo, otchen harascho. Prosto atlichno. It is nice to that we have other Russians here as well.

Dmitry

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ May 24 2002,14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe the scope is this one:

ru74optic01.JPG

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/opticsap.html<span id='postcolor'>

No thats a PSO2 scope if im not mistaken (4x). I used to have one, but sold it for a Kobra sight which is better for an AK. The scope he has in the picture almost looks like a really long flashlight.

Tantal by the way Rocks and have excellent customer service.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DesantnikVDV @ May 24 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Each weapon is 900 polygons<span id='postcolor'>

holy flinking shnit! They look alot higher, well done!

"wow these guns look so good" i hear u say?

lol u do realise hes pulling one over on you?

no way are those guns 900 polygons....

and hes using photo-realistic (high detail photo) textures, thats why they look so good...

i mean good job and all, but i must say that no way are they 900 polygons (im sure other modellers agree with me)

then again i may be wrong, send me the .max scenes and i'll polycount them myself, then i will admit i am wrong..

-ZiRo

It's a pso1, i think. Then what is the thing over that ak? red dot sight? one of that huge laser pointers from the 80's?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ghost_ofp @ May 25 2002,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"wow these guns look so good" i hear u say?

lol u do realise hes pulling one over on you?

no way are those guns 900 polygons....

and hes using photo-realistic (high detail photo) textures, thats why they look so good...

i mean good job and all, but i must say that no way are they 900 polygons (im sure other modellers agree with me)

then again i may be wrong, send me the .max scenes and i'll polycount them myself, then i will admit i am wrong..

-ZiRo<span id='postcolor'>

I am inclined to agree with you there...I am having a very hard time believing that they are really 900 polygon models, or models at all for that matter (although if you look at the RPKs magazine it does kinda look like a 3D model as oppose to a photo).

Having said that if they are real, then totally fair play mate. It is just....well they are too good to be true.

Jubs

Send me your e-mail Ill show you the models.

The scope is not PSO1 its NSPU 1pn58 Night Vision scope

THe AK Type 1 is 885 polygons. The other AKs are under 1500 polygons, not including their accesories

PBS silencer, NSPU, and GP25 grenade launcher

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Each weapon is 900 polygons<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">THe AK Type 1 is 885 polygons. The other AKs are under 1500 polygons, not including their accesories

<span id='postcolor'>

now u go back on ur word, send them to: zpcstrike@hotmail.com

i will report back on polycounts....

-ZiRo

ZiRo Reporting....

i did a poly count on the mesh he sent, and i have some news, the mesh (which included the scope AND the launcher) was a grand total of:

Two-Thousand-Eight-Hundred and Fourty-Four Polys

Yes thats 2844 to dyselxic people biggrin.gif

So is this guy still your new best friend?

-ZiRo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DesantnikVDV @ May 25 2002,22:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not including their accesories

PBS silencer, NSPU, and GP25 grenade launcher<span id='postcolor'>

read the posts

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ghost_ofp @ May 29 2002,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ZiRo Reporting....

i did a poly count on the mesh he sent, and i have some news, the mesh (which included the scope AND the launcher) was a grand total of:

Two-Thousand-Eight-Hundred and Fourty-Four Polys

Yes thats 2844 to dyselxic people biggrin.gif

So is this guy still your new best friend?

-ZiRo<span id='postcolor'>

Well I am making the assumption that he wasn't lying here...because he had absolutely no need to...I expect you were counting polygons as in triangles, his modeling tool probably counts in squares/rectangles...maybe...Half of 2844 is 1422...which is just under 1500 polygons...like he said his most compicated model was.

Jubs

Guest Scooby

People on these forums are quite hostile and paranoid sometimes...

im not hostile or paranoid.

-ZiRo

no no... nooooo!!!!!! i am not wearing that jacket tonight!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scooby @ May 30 2002,18:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">People on these forums are quite hostile and paranoid sometimes...<span id='postcolor'>

This forum used to be alot worse. Every thread used to turn into some xenophobic 'my country is better than your country' flame war, it is alot better these days.

The OFPEC one is good. It is very well monitored and any hostility tends to be put down fairly rapidly by it's members.

Jubs

i say who gives a shyt bout the polies,if your comp can handle it REJOICE biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif