Sign in to follow this  
SSG-Kalle

Gurilla tactics ambush?

Is it possible to script the AI to engage for x ammount of time and then disengage as fast as possible from the combat. If it would be possible to hold them in formation for the duration of the ambush so they aint just running around and seeking cover 150 meters away from their groups i would be even happier. :)

Help plz! :)

You can, you tell the group leader to move to your desired area using a "Seek and Destroy" waypoint. Then set the formation, speed, and any other setting you want. Then make another waypoint outside the town, in the timeout put in your desired time till they leave the area, then when the time runs out they will move to that waypoint.

I'm not sure about having stay in formation the entire time even combat, but once that second waypoint fires if you put a formation they will move into formation and leave the area.

Hope this helps!

-Bigshot

Edited by bigshotking

I have tried it that way but the AI seems to have a bit to much of a own will to follow my orders. They usually wait on moving on to the next waypoint until the enemy is eliminated. so what i need is a way to force them to move to the next waypoint no matter what. I have tried putting them in careless setting, dont fire mode and full speed but it doesnt help.... :(

Making AI retreat while in combat is usually a big problem, be it via scripts or via direct commands :(

so i noticed... :( have found a way but it only seems to work some of the times... :p

you can try to disableAI "TARGET" and "AUTOTARGET" but in the end, like Galzohar said, expect a big problem getting it to work perfectly.

place in on act in search and destroy / "ambush" wp, or in the switch trigger on act.

{_x disableAI "TARGET"; _x disableAI "AUTOTARGET"} foreach units groupname;

now when they finnish the wp or the trigger is activated to make them move away, they will first cancel any current targets, then disable any targeting against new enemys. now they will move, they will still move awkward, like in combat etc, you can try forcing them back to careless, but usually it wont work properly.

AI will respond to spotted enemys, hiding, evading etc no matter what kind of disableAI is used.

Cheat:

create a unit of the same side as the enemys of the ambushers, join all the "retreating" units to that unit and make that unit leader.

now all units will run unaffected, since they are on same side.

Note, that they will not be fired upon either.