Sign in to follow this  
K-M0

ARMA2 after OA install.

This has most likely been asked thousands of times and there is probably a sticky's thread somewhere but.. Right now I have OA installed on my computer, it came from a DVD version that I don't have anymore (moved and left it with my bro) yet I still can play it for some reason (maybe patches or something to do with ACE). And I am going to buy the digital download of Arma 2. Can I just install Arma 2 and then do whatever ya do to make it CO, or would I have to uninstall OA and install Arma 2 first? Would much appreciate an answer. Thank you.

EDIT: BTW digital download of Arma 2 will be from Sprocket not steam.

Edited by K-M0

You can play without dvd in your drive thanks too patches not ace mod :).

To make Arma 2 CO you must first instal Arma 2 then OP.Arrowhead too the same folder, and then you have Arma 2 CO. So you must first uninstall OA.

Damn, I guess I'll just have to buy CO. Thanks for that tom. Another question that you might or might not be able to help with. I use Six Updater to update ACE everytime A new version comes out. Would I be able to just take the ACE folders out of the OA directory then put them back in when I'm finished installing CO. Sorry if these Q's sound stupid, I'm just still learning about this stuff.

@K-M0

Sorry, im not using Ace mod i not can help with that problem :).

Ps: Buying Arma 2 CO best solution.