Sign in to follow this  
ColGray

So many choices!!!!!!!!

Hi there,

this is my first post and I'm really interested in playing( mainly for the aircraft) which is why i ask; which game version has the most/best aircraft(i.e. F-35, harrier,osprey,c130) and the LHD. I ask so i can be completly happy with my choice and get the most out of it. THANKS

Aircraft in ArmA are pure arcade gaming without resemblance to any real data, capabilities, loadouts or Procedures, the modeling is without any Simulation depth to it. If you're really interested in modern aviation combat go Falcon 4.0, FC2 or DCS.

Air combat in ArmA is so arcade that it is more an annoyance to dedicated Sim pilots.

The one and only area where ArmA II excels is in ground combat, especially Infanrty based.

The frustration usually starts begining with crewign vehicles...frustration curve for Simmers will raise from APCs to Tanks and reach climax with Aircraft.

Edited by Beagle

Yes i understand the realism involved in fact I own DCS a-10C and the VRS F-18E superbug so theres no lacking realism but i feel i need to be able to hop in something and go for a change and ARMA seems to provide the most choices... so which version has the most aircraft options

Yes i understand the realism involved in fact I own DCS a-10C and the VRS F-18E superbug so theres no lacking realism but i feel i need to be able to hop in something and go for a change and ARMA seems to provide the most choices... so which version has the most aircraft options
In that case I can only suggest you to get them all. If you can life with generic flight models and no sophistication to dumbed down on weapons deploymant ([tab]and fire, lockable Unguided bombs, 360° Radar etc.) You will be able to enjoy the Supporting role that Aircraft are made for in ArmA II.

If you think about doing this online get the full package containing ArmA II and ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead (labeled "Combined Operations" or CO) otherwise you will miss VTOL of the USMC Fraction and the more modern Hips, Hinds and Kamovs.

ArmA II + Operation Arrowhead + BAF + PMC is the onlien standard nowadays.

A "light" version for compatibility with BAF and PMC is in the lates Patches, but to really Enjoy the Aircraft in BAF and PMC you need the full version with full sounds ans textures.

You can also try ArmA II + RFT in that case you will miss only the Arrowhead campaign and mission files but the US-Army units fully integrated.

Edited by Beagle