Sign in to follow this  
romans909

Chernarus Life Ultimate *With Stats Save*

it is time to rework the whole mod...I am already looking forward to playing the new version^^

Edited by bdfriend

I heard of CLU leaving the old client. How can I get CLU without getting YOMA tools?

Hello Ian,

at the Moment you cant download our AddonPack without Yoma.

You can find a detailed explenation how to run Yoma here:

http://forum.rp-mods.com/index.php/topic,8712.0.html

If you have other problems please join our TS and we will try to find a solution for you.

Edit: Changelog updated

Edited by TeeTime

Anyway to download the addons separately? I perfer to have less programs on my PC.

You can ask People who already downloaded them and ask them if they could upload them for you, but we are not offering a download link for the whole Addon Pack.

Additional Yoma AddonSync is a great programm and really usefull for a lot of Arma 2 Server. You should really try it.

I suggest that you post all your upcoming questions in our forum there are more peopel who can answer and help you in this case.

Edit:

Thanks to the moderator who deleted all the spam Posts.

Edited by TeeTime

I joined this server about 5 months ago and i miss it... I played it for about a month and randomly logged on and was banned from the forums... I do not understand that i did anything wrong as it was when i was a bit of a noob to arma... Please reply, i know this is an old thread but i have no way to contact any administrators with the server.

I probably helped out with killing Chernarus off, I was one of the CoCreators of Takistan Life (Not to be affiliated with Takistan Life Revolutions), we made it with the scripts used in Zargabad Life which in turn was used by Cherna Life then probably goes back as far as the dawn of time, Zargabad probably did a huge deal of damage when it came to killing off non-serious Chernarus life servers. but read here earlier that most reasons why people don't want to share their mission is because noone wants to give other people credit for the hard work they have done, I can totaly agree on this, all the scripts that had signatures on them in my mission still has the signatures, what we didn't create we didn't sign off on, I have seen several Takistan missions up after people "Stole" them and all they did was replace the "Created by xxxx" and change all the community names in the mission and Scripts, no credits given, no originality, no nothing, 3 minutes of work to rename sh*t and behind that weeks, months or years worth of hard work and frustration, that is what makes me mad.

Edited by DestructoNOR

I probably helped out with killing Chernarus off, I was one of the CoCreators of Takistan Life (Not to be affiliated with Takistan Life Revolutions), we made it with the scripts used in Zargabad Life which in turn was used by Cherna Life then probably goes back as far as the dawn of time, Zargabad probably did a huge deal of damage when it came to killing off non-serious Chernarus life servers. but read here earlier that most reasons why people don't want to share their mission is because noone wants to give other people credit for the hard work they have done, I can totaly agree on this, all the scripts that had signatures on them in my mission still has the signatures, what we didn't create we didn't sign off on, I have seen several Takistan missions up after people "Stole" them and all they did was replace the "Created by xxxx" and change all the community names in the mission and Scripts, no credits given, no originality, no nothing, 3 minutes of work to rename sh*t and behind that weeks, months or years worth of hard work and frustration, that is what makes me mad.

This is what you call "scum".

Not all of us are like this.

Inside our Zargabad Life mission:--

This mission is based off one of the older TCG Zargabad Life missions (6.2e to be exact).

Credits for that go to:

- Versions 1.0 - 1.3: EddieV223, Zachary and Cobra.

- Versions 1.4 - 3.3: SWAT and Gman.

- Versions 3.4 - 6.1 (and presumably this 6.2e version): Bryce and Wulfer.

- Sahrani Life (what Chernarus Life and subsequently Zargabad Life is based on): EddieV223, Pogoman, Issetea and Fewo.

The modifications in this particular version were by .rb and Traffic_Warden."

Open Source is the way to go IMO, not everything under lock and key.

Will have to try out this, looks very fun indeed.

TW_

tbh cherno life ultimate began dying when they decreased the difficulty and changed map

Of course Open Source is something great and i really support the idea of sharing work with others. I think everyone who created a mission and who host his mission on a public server is supporting this idea even if he doenst want to make everything public. Of course thats not the real idea behind Open Source.

Tbh there are three main reasons why CLU isnt Open Source:

1. The really bad experience with the SLU scripts in the past. People are just copy and pasting them.

2. Every open script in a more or less often play mission gets analyzed by our friends in the hack forums who will add "special" functions in there cheat scripts. Currently encrypted scripts are the best protection against mission specific hacks

3. CLU was always like a RP and Economy Simulation for me so i am not interested to see my work on a TvT or to say it simple on such a psydo DM "Roleplay" Server

Of course Open Source is something great and i really support the idea of sharing work with others. I think everyone who created a mission and who host his mission on a public server is supporting this idea even if he doenst want to make everything public. Of course thats not the real idea behind Open Source.

Tbh there are three main reasons why CLU isnt Open Source:

1. The really bad experience with the SLU scripts in the past. People are just copy and pasting them.

2. Every open script in a more or less often play mission gets analyzed by our friends in the hack forums who will add "special" functions in there cheat scripts. Currently encrypted scripts are the best protection against mission specific hacks

3. CLU was always like a RP and Economy Simulation for me so i am not interested to see my work on a TvT or to say it simple on such a psydo DM "Roleplay" Server

I agree with you, CLU is/was a fun place to be.

Shame of the troubles a few months ago though, And i might have said things wich i probally shouldnt :/