Sign in to follow this  
Ollie1983

TAW battlegroup and servers

IE TAW NEWYORK/ EU etc.

Not sure if any of you guys frequent this place but I've had an absolute ball on the TAW New York server these last few weeks. Generally transatlantic player mix, but the American guys who run the servers or TAW clan members always play seriously, last night we were in convoys playing domination, excellent team play with some top notch helo and CAS pilots.

Fully recommend these guys to anyone whether novice or veteran players, if you are looking for a sensible, mature style of play, with a good enjoyable and straight forward server setup, then look no further.

I was the one driving the Abrams most of the time, me and a buddy really made an impact on the game, taking out hard targets in most AOs, and supporting our infantry in Hummers etc. Generally had a good time with minimal friendly fire for a change too (everything looks like an enemy on IR).

Much better than some of my games I played in last month- you know the ones, senior clan members hope into clan only Apaches and A10s and then proceed to absolutely level every AO and leave nothing for anyone else.

Instead TAW had convoys of support vehicles and hummers etc on scene, following my Abrams and a Bradley, with some occassional A10 support. It was amazing just to watch all the guys deploy on foot and spread out and sweep the AO, A10 taking down bad guys, snipers shooting from a far, someone launching a TOW from the back of a hummer etc. Just really good old fashioned team work.

I think a lot of it is down to the server not being set on ridiculous difficulty levels? It was unusual to see pilots and people just driving trucks to keep the armour and vehicles repaired and rearmed, so I guess to finish up this post I'd like to say a thank you to those guys who frequent the TAW servers.

I enjoy the TAW servers most of the time..problem is alot of players leave before the mission is accomplished...then towns get retaken very quickly...I enjoy the old arma 2 map from time to time as well..and smaller missions instead of 30 players..gets a little hectic...also last 2 times I was in a TAW server it got hacked...hopefully thats been resolved...

JC

Yes, I find the TAW servers are usually quite stable, popular and frequented by the same people.

Unfortunately there seems to be major trouble with hackers in them recently. I was in a game the other day when suddenly a hail of laser guided bombs fell out of the sky and completely levelled the base. Then the screen went black and it said: 'you've been pwnned muhahhah' or something similar. Other times we would get into vehicles and fly or drive for a minute or so and then it would automatically run out of fuel.

I prefer the 7th Cav server as there tend to be more experienced pilots in the choppers and there are almost always clan members around to kick team killers and the like. The TAW servers can be a real mess sometimes when admins aren't around.

Hey Ollie, thanks for the kind words about the TAW servers. (I'm the TAW Arma division commander, TAW_Lucky.)

A word about our servers: we have moved our US-based servers onto ones where we can better keep an eye on hackers. It's not perfect, but it's better. That's a change from around the start of June, btw.

As someone who rarely gets to our public servers, it's great to hear that our members are coming across (most of the time, anyway) as mature team players who like to work in tactical, cooperative ways. If anyone is interested in getting more into the game, join us and play in our original missions! Domination is great, but custom missions with 24-50 players is better! Find us at TAW.net !

Edited by Lucky44