Sign in to follow this  
Itmibitmi

Greetings

I saw your sale on steam yesterday, and it looked too good to resist.

Now it's 24hrs later, I'm tired and sore, my frags are spent, socks are wet, and now I have to accompany my wife on a dinner expedition. Oh the calamity!

I'm nearly speechless about how marveled I am, most fun I've had in such a long time, and all I've done so far is make a profile and play some of the boot camp.

[okay RL is interrupting -- more later if I can edit ]

Welcome! Don't be disheartened if this thread is locked, we all welcome you here, but rules on forums are strict lol!

Hope you enjoy your time! It's an awesome game!

:D

..okay RL is interrupting -- more later if I can edit

Huh? Wargaming IS real life, everything else is just a sideshow..:)

What rule have I broken? Is it because I mentioned Steam?

I do have a few questions I wanted to ask before I had to take off earlier:

1. After I gain some proficiency, how active is the online side of things? I was reading Dslyecxi's guide last night, and that sort of pseudo-seriousness gaming style appeals to me.

2. Is there a mod or something that can add a female voice and model to the mix? My wife would enjoy playing but it's kind of silly that she can't be female in this day and age. Being forced to be male in almost every game starts to get old, apparently.

No, not because you mention Steam, they sell the game there so it would be wrong if we could not talk about it :) dont worry, im pretty sure you will not break the same rule again unless you loose your memory and want to say hello again.

1. Join a group and you will find the gaming you want.

2. There are tons of threads about girls and why they are not in the game, search and you will find.

..What rule have I broken? Is it because I mentioned Steam?..

No I think it's because you didn't say hello in the 'hello' thread, and the wannabee mods jumped on you..:)

I'm a REAL admin/mod/Big Man on Campus at the Few Good Men Club, check us out anytime you like, scroll down to our Armed Assault II section to see my stunning tutorial screenshots and superhumanly witty remarks etc and join us if you like-

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forum.php?

I feel silly about not using the search function now that you mention it, but let's be honest, if I really used the search function to its logical conclusion, I wouldn't have a lot of easy material to use as an ice breaker. So it's probably just as well :)

Time to spend some time reading. This is the part I sometimes hate about falling in love with a new game. :/

I took a peek at that site, POS, lol, and yeah looks sweet.

=2. Is there a mod or something that can add a female voice and model to the mix? My wife would enjoy playing but it's kind of silly that she can't be female in this day and age. Being forced to be male in almost every game starts to get old, apparently.

You may want to look into this then, all voice commands have also been changed to use a female voice as well as being in pain from a wound.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12248

Sorry I am a bit confused, I just thought the thread might get locked as the mods usually don't like "welcome" or "goodbye" forums. :)

But as it's not locked, my bad! Hope you enjoy Arma, I've recently got back into it and it's awesome as ever!

We didn't close it because, for some reason, no one uses the report post function anymore. I don't know why. ;)

Anyways, welcome to the forums, Itmibitmi. Don't worry, you haven't broken any rules, we just don't allow "hello" threads here. Just get stuck into the discussions! :D

Thread locked.