Sign in to follow this  
Jakimo

[Resolved] Game crashes to black screen

I have been playing this game for a long time now, and never seen this. My normal ArmA2 works fine, and my normal OA works fine. But when I launch them together, (i.e. Combined Operations), there is a huge problem.

I can play normally for a matter of anywhere between 10 minutes and 45 minutes. Then my game, without warning, will freeze for a moment, and then go to a black screen (Once it was green) that has a bunch of lines through it, almost as if it were a graphical hardware failure.

I was in Teamspeak each time, and I have about 10 seconds after the crash that I can still function before my whole computer locks up. I can hear people talking and can also still talk to them, but then everything just becomes a low pitched buzzing sound. I have tried to let it sit, Alt-Tabbed, Ctrl+Alt+Del, windows keys, Alt+F4, and even increasing fan speed to cool my graphics card, and nothing works. It wall sit for hours, forcing my to hard boot my computer.

I am running the game on all high settings, but then switched to normal and low, both to no avail. My specs are as follows:

Make/Model: CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2064

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit OS

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925 Processor 2.80 GHz

RAM: 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333

Hard Drive: 1TB (1 x 1TB) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5

Power Supply: 600W

I saw similiar "graphical glitches" green patches/lines and such when the video card overheats esp with actual video memory. A lot of us experienced that when Nvidia screwed up a driver edition last year causing many cards (incl mine) to overheat.

We in the UK have felt a blast of mediterrainean tempretures recently causing computer cooling systems to work harder e.g. fans going overdrive.

I'd suggest doing everything you can to get cold/fresh air in and around your PC. for example open windows, open doors, block sunlight, open case, moving the whole PC.

Thanks honeycutt. As it turns out, my CCC wasnt reading my temp right. Got it all situated now.