Sign in to follow this  
evo6tme

benchmark weirdness

I have just purchased arma2 on steam . pached to 1.09. I have been playing with the 2 benchmarks to try and get a playable setup. but i get strange benchmark results.

benchmark 1 All medium settings 54 fps

. All hight settings 53 fps

. all max settings 52 fps

benchmark2 medium 25 fps

. high 24 fps

. max 24 fps

veiw distance was 3500 at all testing

benchmark stutters about the same at any settings . Any ideas surlly i dont have to play on low ?? I know my gpu is a bit datted but it still played crysis maxed . :confused:

Edited by evo6tme
correction

maybe a crossfire issue, maybe you can disable it for testing purposes?

And sandy bridge has some sort of power limiter in it, if you overclock you'll have to put that higher as well, otherwise the cpu might clock back all the time. Did you do that?

thanks for the advice. to answer your sugestions . The cpu is overclocked to 4.4 ghz and running at that in game. Also i have run gpuz and both gpu cores are being used equally . Its strange as from reading round the forum the max settings fps seem about right .

Its just strange that it gets little or no better as i decrease graphic quallity :confused:

veiw distance seems the only way to affect framerate .

how bad is the stutter? benchmark 2 is always very slow on any system. If bench 1 runs good most of the game will.

Just downloaded cat 11.4 ant the stuttering has got a lot less, which i am suprissed about as i thought amd stopped activly suporting the 4xxx serise cards ...

All verry high apart from aa normal ,af normal , shadows normal and post prossesing low . At 1920 x 1200 getting 56 fps on bench 1 :)

Edited by evo6tme

Most graphic settings will only gain/lose you a couple of FPS here and there, draw distance is the most taxing and will make the most difference to you. HDR setting is another that will have more dramatic effects on the differing settings.

Your stuttering could also be down to your HDD as much as your GFX cards.

Another long shot is to try using the on board sound, I can't speak for Crossfire but SLi and Creative cards can have conflicts where the there isn't enough PCIe bandwidth to go round. A clue to this is crackling sound during play.