Sign in to follow this  
Diniter

Prenlod format in object

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>I got back into Milkshape again. I created a new bivouac static object. I want

to see it inside OFP now before I go on. I have used rotate and am a little

hesitant about using it more.</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>I get the message "Warning:preNLOD format in object name\name.pbo"</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Does anybody remember knowing how to get around this deal?

I've tried throwing working .pbo's into the directory path in my config.cpp.

I think I  have verified that the config file is not the problem.

It's very simply done (config) and it works when I use other .p3d's and .pbo's as I said above.

I did use Stuffpbo and remembered reading to instead work with pbotool.exe.</span>

Now I get this message "Warning: preNLOD format in object XXX\xxx.p3d" .

new object? as in you made a completely new model? well you cant import new models without oxygen, you can only edit .p3d's, if you edited a .p3d a few things can go wrong, try making the .p3d again and renaming it etc (i got the same problem and all i had to do was rename the .p3ds)

My advice - Dont use DePBO or Stuff PBO, PBO Tool 1.01a is much better, and it works. you can get it from OFPEC.

Ok I'll try it over. Yes , Eviscerator the model is the MDOL (Orig. Demo) form of the Pristresek.p3d that I'm using to start begin with I forgot to say that. I'll try it again. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it went. biggrin.gif

I'm itching to get this to work.

Do I need to rename the model before I make the raw .obj blocks?  Um. confused.gif  Do I need to rename the folder, before I begin working, to the finalized Pbo name or anything special?

In other words does the p3d and/or .PBO themself have any reference at all to directory paths (aside form what the .cpp or bin have as data ).Does that make sense because I'm confusing myself?

YES! It lives.  

I was putting in Obj2PBO the REAL original and not the .p3d_.

A-lone-wolf your a King!!!

I feel great finally to get something of mine (sort of) into OFP.

Thanks for the ideas gentlemen. I'm using your advise to rename my files , Eviscerator. I keep the pbo , the folder, and the p3d all the same name. I change the .p3d_ to .p3d just before I use Pbotool.exe and not sooner. Things are looking neat. And thanks for the tips on tools I needed it earlier today.

I hope to come out with NATO armorment ,static objects & civilian things , and then (and maybe sooner) some Russian units if things get heavy on one side.

wink.gif